Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 5/31/2020 3:37:48 PM EDT
Keep the info flowing.  Post your links to news, videos, or feeds.

Protest at Omni Dallas hotel at 3PM (convention center area)
Vigil at Freedman's Cemetary at 3PM (Cityplace/northern Uptown area)
More protests at Klyde Warren Park and DPD HQ at 5PM too.
(from Downtown Dallas Inc update email)

Resources:
Broadcastufy DPD radio feeds
Main action on Channel 1 in downtown.  When it gets hot they move to Channel 12 or 10.  Channel 12 is 460.400, which you can get on Baofeng or other HT radios.  Signal is pretty strong, it is clear on my OEM Baofeng rubber ducky antenna here in north Richardson.

Radio Reference local frequencies if you have a scanner or HT

DPD frequencies and codes

Reddit R/Dallas megathread (Friday)
Reddit Saturday thread
Reddit Sunday thread
Reddit Monday thread
Reddit Tuesday thread
Reddit Wednesday Thread
Reddit Thursday thread

DPD Opendata - active calls (somewhat delayed)
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Feeds: (posting what was active 5/30, will update)

WFAA, sometimes live helo video:  https://www.youtube.com/user/wfaa/videos

CBS, sometimes live helo video: CBS Feed

People with feeds:
WhiskeyNeon
Ocean Adventures
James Freeman
Centraltrack on IG

Elijah Schaffer on Twitter (took the sword guy video, reporting through the night)

FlightRadar:
Dallas PD Air 1 helo:  N1510L https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/n1510l/
This is also noted as Air1, but has a weird path when the above Air1 is also active: https://www.flightradar24.com/AIR1/249aab87

Dallas helo  N1511L  https://www.flightradar24.com/N1511L/249def89

DPS Helo:  N90TX https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n90tx/ (not active so far)
DPS surveillance fixed-wing: N243TX  https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/n243tx/  (went back to San Antonio late last night)
Another DPS Helo: N405TX  https://www.flightradar24.com/N405TX/24a081d5
Another DPS Snooper fixed-wing: N215TX https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n215tx
Another DPS Helo active 11/4: N844TX https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N844TX or https://www.flightradar24.com/N844TX
DPS surveillance fixed-wing: N956TX  https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n956tx

Fort Worth Police Helo:  N911FW  https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n911fw

The news helos and Careflite are also trackable on FlightRadar.
N661TV (probably the source of WFAA feed) https://www.flightradar24.com/N661TV/249ab0c1
Sky4 https://www.flightradar24.com/SKY4/249cdcc9
N121TV https://www.flightradar24.com/N121TV/249cc436
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
DPD press conference with Chief Hall just ended on the WFAA link.
Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall speaks about protests around Dallas
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Chief Hall comments:

Curfew in downtown/Uptown/DE/Victory from 7PM until 6AM, for the next several days
Shutting down inbound roads starting at 3PM.

500 DPS in town to help
Irving and Allen cops helping. (We also heard Garland on the radio last night).

No info on sword guy's attackers, investigating.

"We're not talking about protestors, we're talking about criminals"

"We are committed to the same level of intense followup, relentless followup and prosecution of those who are committing crimes..."

large numbers of arrestees are not Dallas residents

I think there was a question about the pre-placed bicks, but she said she had no info
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Are protests limited to Dallas County in the metroplex?

I'm in Little Elm and ventured into West Frisco yesterday and just saw lots of thin blue line and support our police flags and shirts.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing that I've heard of outside of Downtown Dallas environs, and maybe a little in Fort Worth.  Burbs definitely quiet.

Map of Dallas curfew area

Discussion of the Freeman's Cemetary vigil, someone requesting people with guns to protect from police overreaction

Radio Channel 12 is heating up.  Tracking groups around the Omni.
"we're not talking to groups.  Give them one warning and then move in for arrests" STTE

WFAA is live helo camera now, focusing on cemetary

new Reddit board, people were complaining about over-moderation in the main r/Dallas:  https://old.reddit.com/r/DallasProtests/
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Heard via Nextdoor, there’s a protest today at 1730 in front of McKinney PD HQ.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
DART limiting bus and train service

DPD Ch 12 talkin about using city dump trucks to block inbound streets and highways
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the kids from March for our Lives.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Lots of interference on Ch 12.  Possibly someone outside of DPD screwing with them.  Switching to Ch 10 (460.225) at times and maybe others.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Air1, you can see the concentration on Houston St and 35E as the Omni protest broke up, and one trip up to Freeman's Cemetery.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Social Media chatter of something possibly in Sherman/Denison also.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#14]

The 'conspiracy' in that case would be the Antifa choosing to hold their event where brick piles were available.  More a matter of planning & intel than conspiracy
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nothing that I've heard of outside of Downtown Dallas environs, and maybe a little in Fort Worth.  Burbs definitely quiet.

Map of Dallas curfew area

Discussion of the Freeman's Cemetary vigil, someone requesting people with guns to protect from police overreaction

Radio Channel 12 is heating up.  Tracking groups around the Omni.
"we're not talking to groups.  Give them one warning and then move in for arrests" STTE

WFAA is live helo camera now, focusing on cemetary

new Reddit board, people were complaining about over-moderation in the main r/Dallas:  https://old.reddit.com/r/DallasProtests/
View Quote

My theory is that the professionals (Antifa) are concentrating in Dallas because A.) there are more of the people who they can use there, B.) FWPD is way more likely to crack heads and Tarrant county courts are much harsher than the Dallas county equivalent and C.) there's a lot more high value stuff to tear up in Dallas than Fort Worth.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#16]

That's not the only pile of mystery bricks found this weekend. I don't know if the others have similar explanations or not.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#17]
If anyone is listening to scanner/radio it looks like  they moved off of channel 12 to chan 10 car to car. Someone was playing rap music on 12 then someone came on and said they were changing channel's. I guess someone hacked their frequency, not too hard for anyone with minimal radio knowledge since DPD is one of last on regular analog UHF.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If anyone is listening to scanner/radio it looks like  they moved off of channel 12 to chan 10 car to car. Someone was playing rap music on 12 then someone came on and said they were changing channel's. I guess someone hacked their frequency, not too hard for anyone with minimal radio knowledge since DPD is one of last on regular analog UHF.
View Quote

They are no longer being 'jammed' on either station though, so I'm guessing homeboy's Baofeng must have run out of battery

(that or some old HAM fudds must have assembled an FCC strike team and stomped his ass )
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#19]
DPS parking at Lamar and Wood, at the HUD building.

DPS helo is on station instead of DPD Air 1.  See above FlightRadar link.

Big group came down Lamar, then around the CC hotel, across Pioneer Park, and now NB on Field again.  Doing laps to keep getting cornered by DPD.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They going to loot Mckinney too?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Group just marching around, south on Lamar from Hooters area.   Pretty much just walking, with cops following and grabbing any troublemakers.

Main radio just called about curfew starting at 7.  Warn people once to get out (she said city limits but I think meant curfew area), then arrest.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#22]
EB Elm into Deep Ellum, just like last night.  Some running, I think they just announced the curfew.
'Tis the witching hour, let's see what happens.

Planning for a trap on a long block without an exit street in the middle.  Looking for an opportunity.

"start the curfew initiative"
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#23]
DPD and on TV bird up over Dallas right now. The DPS PC-12 CnC bird hasn't shown up yet.
ADS-Bexchange.com
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like they're discussing a lot more, and a lot more sophisticated strategy than yesterday as they descend on these rioters breaking curfew
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#25]

TV chopper is having trouble finding a big group to follow.

Visuals of people being arrested from the chopper.

Any news on the radio?  I thought I was getting Ch 10 and 12 but it is all quiet now.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Plenty happening on the radio; they're chasing the groups down like foxhounds as they splinter.  Mostly on channel 12 (460.225)

Just sent out word that media is not subject to curfew.

Yesterday sounded like maybe 4-5 groups of officers conducting operations.  Today sounds like at least ten, far more different voices & element numbers.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Videos of curfew action in Pacific Plaza
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Videos of curfew action in Pacific Plaza
View Quote

Hmm...

There's been a guy --who sounds like he has authority-- coming on numerous times saying "we got the curfew we asked for; why are officers standing around in X areas not arresting people?  Bring these guys in."

Sounds like they are taking a much more proactive approach, instead of waiting for the riots to turn violent to react.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Busting people all over the place.  Pacific Plaza here.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#30]
WFAA flying home
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got a bunch of texts from a friend in Lochwood worried about groups moving into Lakewood, Greenville Ave and other parts of town. Not a good time to be a white collar democrat.

I doubt they even own a fire extinguisher.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Curfew in Denton too, starting at 9PM.

Videos from Fort Worth:
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#33]
DSA literature passed out at the vigil today, apparently there were speakers along the same lines.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#34]
WFAA helo is now over Fort Worth bridge protest.  Bridges are photogenic but no escape routes - risky for protests!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#35]
It’s been an interesting and terrible show, I’m ready for a bit of quiet tonight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Not exactly Dallas, but I swear I just heard several gun shots (from sitting inside my house, so questionable) followed by a bunch of sirens in south Arlington. TIA (this is Arlington)
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
WFAA helo is now over Fort Worth bridge protest.  Bridges are photogenic but no escape routes - risky for protests!
View Quote

What're you talking about, there's two escape routes along their entire length!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:30:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Dallas is rolling a Dart bus as a paddy wagon tonight.

I think I’m going to work in a bit. I started pulling gear out, stuff I forgot I bought and laid it out on the bed. My wife just kind of glanced over at all of it while listening to the radio in the background, didn’t say a word and went back to her Facebook.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I think I’m going to work in a bit. I started pulling gear out, stuff I forgot I bought and laid it out on the bed. My wife just kind of glanced over at all of it while listening to the radio in the background, didn’t say a word and went back to her Facebook.
View Quote

It's very interesting; the word "paddy wagon" is coming over the radio incessantly; I heard it once every few minutes or so yesterday, even during the worst of it.

Whether it's due to enforcement action or an intentional strategy, the protests are clearly far more fragmented, and officers are gobbling them up like Hungry Hungry Hippos.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Update from my earlier post, shots fired in Stovall Park, Arlington. According to a neighbor.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just got a bunch of texts from a friend in Lochwood worried about groups moving into Lakewood, Greenville Ave and other parts of town. Not a good time to be a white collar democrat.

View Quote

I'm in Lochwood, too!  What's the best news source for N. Dallas area?  I can't seem to find anything local that's worthwhile.

(And I've got a bit more than a fire extinguisher)
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm in Lochwood, too!  What's the best news source for N. Dallas area?  I can't seem to find anything local that's worthwhile.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 460.225 & 460.400 radio frequencies are for downtown elements, but I imagine if things stretched out toward the lake it'd be many of the same folks responding.

Anyone know of a good feed/etc for Ft. Worth?  I'm in Arlington, comfortably nestled between the two metros like a mouse in a lady's sweater, but I would kinda like to know if stupid shit is coming my way before it gets here.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, I've got the broadcastify link running, but it's pretty quiet for NE.  If I find/hear anything else I'll post it up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

fox4 just had an improvised paddy dart bus on.  had strays they've picked up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Keep checking back here for updates. There’s 3 or 4 of us listening.

Also WFAA will run live local reports on YouTube whEn the national idiots are on the air. Ch 4 Fox probably has the same.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Wife said both the Walmart’s closest to me in SE  Dallas are closed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Peaceful march in Sherman this evening. One disturbance call at the end of the march at the meet up point that amounted to nothing.
One protestor tried to incite the crowd to tear down a Confederate statue on the courthouse lawn but was shouted down by the crowd.
Quiet, so far.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Wife said both the Walmart’s closest to me in SE  Dallas are closed.
View Quote

Closed closed, or just closed at 8:30 PM as they've been doing during the pandemic?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#49]
My wife just saw that they set fire to children's hospital?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My wife just saw that they set fire to children's hospital?
View Quote

Wtf no way. Was this on the news?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top