Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2017 6:26:01 PM EDT
Have a mid forties female near the border of Richardson and Plano.  She needs basic handgun training, and someone from whom to take the CHL class.  Any recommendations in the area?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Proactive Defense in northlake is a drive but they have good instructors and its a real training range.  She will be taught how to draw,  speed reload,  move, use cover,  double taps etc.  All the stuff you can't do at most places.

The class for the license itself isn't as important as getting good one on one instruction if she is new to firearms or self defense concepts.

For the license itself do whatever is convenient/cheap.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out Green Eye Tactical.
He'll give a free L.T.C. class of you take a training class with him.

My wife took his Basic Handgun class and had the L.T.C. the night before.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
kranzftg

http://www.kranzftg.com/
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the recommendations, one will definitely get her set up.  Now I just need to get her a gun, and all the accessories.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Frisco Gun Club...search for a Groupon.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Frisco Gun Club...search for a Groupon.
View Quote
Great suggestion and just what she was looking for.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Riflegear does LTC for $50.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]
FGC is......not the greatest. Hope they got their wait times for qualifying down to a reasonable time. Stupid that you don't shoot and take the course at the same time. My friend's wife took it there and was less than impressed with the instructor. They also had her send in her own packet. Finally, she had to wait about a month to get a range time to shoot her qual after she had already taken the course. Hopefully they have that stuff worked out now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FGC is......not the greatest. Hope they got their wait times for qualifying down to a reasonable time. Stupid that you don't shoot and take the course at the same time. My friend's wife took it there and was less than impressed with the instructor. They also had her send in her own packet. Finally, she had to wait about a month to get a range time to shoot her qual after she had already taken the course. Hopefully they have that stuff worked out now.
View Quote
While I cannot speak to most of your post, there really is not packet to send in.  The applications are done online.  The applicant scans and emails the CHL100 (class certificate) and other supporting documents.  That is SOP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top