Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2017 9:55:56 PM EDT
Is there anyone in the Wilson County area that would like to trap some hogs? I have a large population I'm trying to knock down. All sizes up to hogzilla. I called a professional but can't afford to pay a $5 head charge each but if you would like to make arrangements to trap and haul them off to a processor or just for personal use then I would be interested in talking about logistics with trustworthy people. Not looking for hunters because I won't accept the liability and hassle. NO EXCEPTIONS so please don't ask. Almost sued by a former friend for his dumbassery in the past so any shooting is OUT. Just can't afford to even defend a lawsuit no matter how frivolous. Can't guarantee anything will come of this but I'm willing to discuss it. Pigs are out of hand and I'll never kill them all.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn 10 years ago when I lived there I would say Hell Yes. Now I'm back in Lubbock. Although wouldn't mind making a trip back down that way if I do I will let you know to see if you still need help killing hogs!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#2]
you should build a trap out there yourself and set up the feeder....shoot them yourself when there's pigs in it.

...or is this a property you don't spend much time at?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm older and don't have time on my weekends off. Just want them gone to someone that will sell them to a processor or eat them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm older and don't have time on my weekends off. Just want them gone to someone that will sell them to a processor or eat them.
View Quote

understandable...good luck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear that.  You are too far from me.  There are signs up where I am at with people wanting to buy live hogs.

Please do not participate in the new Sid Miller poison program...that is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Good luck.  You should be able to find some one to do it for free who sells them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#6]
What part of Wilson county?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]
You can contact me and I will come out and make a game plan.
Daniel Fisher
210-845-6185
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
As a soon to be resident of Wilson county I was wondering if this was still an open offer?  

@icemann0
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I got it handled for now brother. Dude uses a camera and a remote gate. He hauls them off to a processor in New Braunfels @ .50 per pound. He caught 19 on the first trap with the largest at 275 lbs. and he's getting ready to do another group. He hasn't swept the tuskers up yet. What I hope to do is have him trap off everything he can get to give us an edge and then put out a couple of feeders someone gave me and snipe the rest. If you want to talk about trapping the leftovers I could possibly entertain that idea but we are a no go on hunting them because of the liability.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:29:55 AM EDT
[#10]
You need to put up a good fence to keep them off your property.  Hog wire will keep them on your neighbors property and off yours.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd like to but we can't afford to. 700 Acres is a lot of fence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top