Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2016 4:58:51 PM EDT
Going to be in San Antonio this weekend what are some good gun stores that deal in used guns and have large selections?
I can go to gun stores that stock lots of new stuff so those are not much interest to me what are some that deal in used or old military rifles.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest durys, the prices are a bit high but if you talk to **cough**some arfcommer**cough** you can probably get a better deal. However we don't deal with any old military stuff.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
theres a shop on san pedro, just outside 410 on the right, they have lots of stock and have good deals
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
theres a shop on san pedro, just outside 410 on the right, they have lots of stock and have good deals
View Quote

What is the name?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I always enjoy stopping in at Dury's guns while I'm in San Antonio. Dury's is on the South side. They buy and sell new and used guns so you never know what you might find.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I always enjoy stopping in at Dury's guns while I'm in San Antonio. Dury's is on the South side. They buy and sell new and used guns so you never know what you might find.
View Quote

Come say hello next time
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would suggest durys, the prices are a bit high but if you talk to **cough**some arfcommer**cough** you can probably get a better deal. However we don't deal with any old military stuff.
View Quote

This will most likely be your best deal.  Everyone I have ever spoke to at Durys has been quite pleasant, even on the phone.

The place on San Pedro is most likely Nagels (inside the loop) and half the staff there are serious tools, especially the skinny blond haired guy but they do have a large selection of used handguns, rifles and shotguns.  A lot of their used items are priced kind of high because it is consignment. The consignment items, the seller lists a asking price and they add 20% to it for selling the item.

There is a newer gun shop outside the loop on San Pedro.  I have never been and it is small.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks I will check them out.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:16:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This will most likely be your best deal.  Everyone I have ever spoke to at Durys has been quite pleasant, even on the phone.

The place on San Pedro is most likely Nagels (inside the loop) and half the staff there are serious tools, especially the skinny blond haired guy but they do have a large selection of used handguns, rifles and shotguns.  A lot of their used items are priced kind of high because it is consignment. The consignment items, the seller lists a asking price and they add 20% to it for selling the item.

There is a newer gun shop outside the loop on San Pedro.  I have never been and it is small.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Durys is good. Worth a look and worth making reasonable offers of used guns.

There are two gunshops on San Pedro.  Nagels  and Adelbridge.

Nagels is inside Loop 410 and has been in business for decades.  My experience with Nagels has not been positive. They have good pricing on some things  and ridiculous pricing on most other things.  Customer service ranges from ok to horrible. Sales policies vary with who you speak to and what kind of mood they are in.

Adelbridge  is a new shop, outside loop 410, only open a few years.  They started small and just moved to a new shop 3x the size of the old shop. It's next door to the old shop. Great prices, selection and service.

Another place worth checking out  is The Powder Horn  on Loop 410 west  out near Lackland AFB.

Dury's, Adelbridge  and The Powder Horn all have good selections of used guns.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#9]
HCM3156 summed up my experience with Nagels as well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
HCM3156 summed up my experience with Nagels as well.
View Quote

I bought a couple of handguns from them about six and eight years ago. The guy that ran the "tactical Rifle" section was a tool. He tried telling me that I couldn't shoot anything of 55gr out of a 1/9 barrel. He said if I wanted to shoot military ammo in needed a 1/7. That was back in 2010, I haven't been back since. They did have some nice rifles though, expensive, but nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top