Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 7:35:04 PM EDT
My grand daughter and my three great grand daughters will be arriving from the UK on the 4th of May and I am wondering about how long it should take to clear customs at Bush Intercontinental.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If they are USA citizens, it won't take that long, depending on when they get there and how many other flights are coming in.  Say 30 minutes from when they land.

If they're UK citizens, it will take longer - I'd budget an hour.  I've not been in that line, but it looks long, and slow.

All the Euro flights (KLM, BA, Luft, AF, Cont), land about the same time 1-3 or so in the afternoon, so a lot of how long it takes depends on if another jumbo plane of people is in front of you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Well if the flight was from Syria it would be about 5 min.

If they are US citizens maybe around 30 min as they have designated lines for them.  If a non citizen it could be 1-2 hours
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Gonna depend entirely on how many flights are landing.

I have had it take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2+ hours.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Global Entry. Takes about 3 minutes whatever time of day I get in.

I believe there is a UK equivalent to GE that is recognized by U.S.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:47:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks you all very much.  FYI, US citizens flying on BA.  Sounds like it shouldn't be too bad.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#6]
My only suggestion is to haul ass off the plane. That might be tough with a bunch of kids in tow. If you get stuck behind several international flights you might be in line awhile. The process is fairly quick if the line is short.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top