Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2015 6:43:39 PM EDT
My company has an opening in Greenville. I'm not huge into small towns and would probably commute from the Metroplex. I went to college just across the border in Durant so I'm somewhat familiar with area other than the fact that it's been 15 years. Is the McKinney area still a nice place to raise a family?
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
McKinney has grow greatly in 15 years. We have many members here that can answer your questions better than me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
McKinney is growing like a weed as is Frisco, McKinney is a great place to live.

I have several friends that live there and I work at a lot of HOA's thier and thier all nice.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I moved to Mckinney about two years ago. Anything specific you want to know?
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, as always Texas HTF pulls through. I'm sure if I get through more of the selection process I'll have a lot more questions. We are somewhat divided on country vs. City life. But living close to the city would be ideal. I commute an hour now, so this will be less. Hopefully (God willing) it'll happen and I can add to the awesomeness of Texas.
P.s. I'll be bringing a few tax stamps with me.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
You are going to be surprised if you haven't been here in 15 years.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are working in Greenville, Rockwall or Rockwall County should be a consideration.  Twenty minutes from Greenville and thirty minutes from downtown Dallas.  Perfect.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are working in Greenville, Rockwall or Rockwall County should be a consideration.  Twenty minutes from Greenville and thirty minutes from downtown Dallas.  Perfect.
View Quote

Thanks kittyhawk. I'll look into Rockwall. I just have to be within 70 miles of Greenville, but I also want some awesome schools and good social life.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 on that.  Royce City is nice and growing.  Rockwall is very nice, but a little farther from Greenville.  

I know you said that you'd like to avoid small towns, but Sulphur Springs, east of Greenville, is a very nice small town.  

We live in the Miller Grove area...we have our own range.  Shoot me a message when you move to the area.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Rockwall looks awesome. We will definitely be looking around there if this job works out. Thanks for the heads up! (Looks like I'm gonna need a boat)
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Caddo Mills

They have one of the top 5 school districts in Texas.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Caddo Mills

View Quote

My wife is a teacher and going by their payscale, she would lose about $20k a year by becoming a teacher there. That doesn't mean they aren't good, they just don't pay as much. I'm getting excited about what all the are NE of Dallas has to offer. Seems as though we couldn't go wrong living just about anywhere out that way.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks kittyhawk. I'll look into Rockwall. I just have to be within 70 miles of Greenville, but I also want some awesome schools and good social life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been living in Rockwall for 17 years.  Feel free to PM if you want to discuss specifics.  We still have room for one or two more folks around here.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:41:57 AM EDT
[#13]
If you need a realtor for either McKinney or Rockwell area shoot me a PM
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Rockwall county is nice, but it's growing fast and getting silly. Why not live near Greenville? Shorter commute and probably cheaper houses and insurance.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Pistolpete, I'll keep you in mind. I'm sure we will rent off the bat, then learn the area and make sure the location is where we need before buying a house. As for the commute, it isn't a daily drive. Once or twice a week, most of thr job entails driving to all the communities within an hour of Greenville as strumming up business.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, after moving all week into our new house in Bentonville Ar. I got a call to come down and interview for the job in Greenville. So, tomorrow I'll be driving down to Dallas to sit in front of the interviewing panel. Wish me luck!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Caddo Mills

View Quote

Says who?
Ranked 343rd here:https://k12.niche.com/rankings/public-school-districts/best-overall/s/texas/
39th here:http://www.schooldigger.com/go/TX/districtrank.aspx
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My wife is a teacher and going by their payscale, she would lose about $20k a year by becoming a teacher there.....
View Quote

Caddo Mills salary scale is piss poor compared to other school districts in the DFW area.
For a teacher with no experience:
Plano starts at $50,000, Allen and McKinney at $49,000.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#19]
6 hour drive, 30 minute interview, now another 6 hour drive and wait for 7 days. I'll know something good or bad by next friday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top