Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2015 12:05:08 PM EDT
When people ask if you are paranoid or why you  carry...

Bad Guy is dead and Good Guy is alive!

LINK to Story

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Good SHoot.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Good shoot brother.  I was near there a week ago Tuesday night, parked and walked to the Rockets second playoff game.   Of course they search everyone entering Toyota Center so the only thing I could manage to get past them was my Protech Elishewitz blade (don't ask how).  Hope all goes well with the aftermath.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

the only thing I could manage to get past them was my Protech Elishewitz blade (don't ask how).
View Quote

You put it in your butthole, didn't you?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
And some folks say there's never any good news reported!

Hope CHL holder is ok mentally.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the only thing I could manage to get past them was my Protech Elishewitz blade (don't ask how).

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope he doesn't get charged since the robbers were leaving him and his life was no longer in danger.
This is something I think about periodically.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I hope he doesn't get charged since the robbers were leaving him and his life was no longer in danger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see any way in hell this good guy will be indicted
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be if the article is correct as both men had left him and were getting in the car when he opened fire on them. At that point the men were no longer a threat to him...mayby. It is something I think about also

Vince
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Yay!!  If he does need an atty for legal costs I am in for a hundred bucks for him.

You know, that may not be a bad idea. AR15.com legal defense fund for assisting members to pay legal costs if they are ever in a situation like this.

I will donate the first $100 to the fund if one gets set up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#12]
He felt the property could not be recovered by any other means and the other person had no right to the property.....that might work for him?

Chapter 9 Subchapter D  Protection of Property in Texas Gun Laws
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He felt the property could not be recovered by any other means and the other person had no right to the property.....that might work for him?

View Quote

I hope so but he is not in the most gun friendly part of Texas. If he is indicted by the DA he could be in for a rough ride by a jury.

Vince
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I hope so but he is not in the most gun friendly part of Texas. If he is indicted by the DA he could be in for a rough ride by a jury.

Vince
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vince

Reference "Joe Horn shooting".

I'd say that Houston is not a city that pussy foots about thugs getting shot while committing several felonies such as armed robbery & auto theft.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I asked for that - but no, thank goodness it didn't have to be cornholio-time.  Won't go into the details but will say the Toyota Center security process is flawed, otherwise I would have lost my Protech blade.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'd say that Houston is not a city that pussy foots about thugs getting shot while committing several felonies such as armed robbery & auto theft.

BIGGER_HAMMER
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vince

BIGGER_HAMMER

Yes Sir  Joe Horn pushed the envelope but I side with him though I would have stayed inside.

This will be an easy no bill.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yay!!  If he does need an atty for legal costs I am in for a hundred bucks for him.

You know, that may not be a bad idea. AR15.com legal defense fund for assisting members to pay legal costs if they are ever in a situation like this.

I will donate the first $100 to the fund if one gets set up.
View Quote

This is why having something like a prepaid policy (texas law shield or something similar) can be of benefit.

You just have to get in the legal system (grand jury) and you have spent several thousand dollars on retainer for the attorney even before the legal "fun" begins.

I do think it sucks that the cops are sending it to a grand jury.  It doesn't cost them anything so it is an easy dump off (especially if the victim is one "color" and the now dead perp is a different "color" (cops don't want that racial bias B.S. thrown on them after the Trayvon Martin Fiasco, but it sure costs the innocent victim the $$$$ ...

I hope he sues the family of the perp for all his attorney fees and court costs....   (more likely the scumbags family will sue the victim in civil court since victim held a job and maybe has some money (since he owned a car that dead perp tried to steal)...  Sadly their are "community activist attorneys" (think Quanell X          ) who would gladly sue if their is a specific color of the now dead perp...

My .02 cents.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#18]
This sort of mess and the victim still having to face the grand jury in a liberal controlled jurisdiction like Harris County is why Texas Law Shield is a good idea...  It could easily cost the victim tens of thousands of dollars to defend himself through this even though he really should be no-billed.  Only a fool would try to defend themselves or go without representation, that's the sure way for a libtard prosecutor to railroad someone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good SHoot.
View Quote

Absolutely.  My wife always gives me the when I bring a gun to Astros games (mini safe in the car). Those lots are dark and deserted if you stay for the whole game.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This sort of mess and the victim still having to face the grand jury in a liberal controlled jurisdiction like Harris County is why Texas Law Shield is a good idea...  It could easily cost the victim tens of thousands of dollars to defend himself through this even though he really should be no-billed.  Only a fool would try to defend themselves or go without representation, that's the sure way for a libtard prosecutor to railroad someone.
View Quote

Isn't THAT the truth!!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Why isn't there legislation out there yet making it possible that the state(local govt) has to pay for legal fees accrued by a person found innocent.  That's something I'd go out of my way to stand for.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:27:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I think CHL hoders who won't spend $135 a year for Texas Law shield are in the same league as the idiots who would drive without insurance. If you're carrying a gun knowing that there is a real possibility you might have to shoot somebody one day.... then why would you be so stupid to think you will not need an attorney? Or do you carry gun in your pants mainly for the purpose of impressing your date that you have a big one?

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think CHL hoders who won't spend $135 a year for Texas Law shield are in the same league as the idiots who would drive without insurance. If you're carrying a gun knowing that there is a real possibility you might have to shoot somebody one day.... then why would you be so stupid to think you will not need an attorney? Or do you carry gun in your pants mainly for the purpose of impressing your date that you have a big one?

View Quote

Talk about opinionated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top