Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2015 10:04:20 PM EDT
I stumbled upon this earlier.   It's everything from county or city equipment they are retiring such as cameras, radios,  and security systems to confiscated furniture,  guns,  jewelry.   Pretty neat.

https://www.renebates.com/
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Sherman has four crown Vic's for sale.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Go ahead and buy one of those vic's. They have had a hard, hard life.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
A good living can be made flipping fire trucks
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol!   Montgomery county has a 1998 seadoo and it looks like it played a leading role in Waterworld.  I got some 90% silver coins last month for damn near free and was the only bidder.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I've worked these when then they were still live auctions with Rene and his daughter. Impounded cars, old police cars, anything the city or county doesn't need anymore.

They once had a travel trailer in Montgomery Co that was seized in a drug stop. Halfway through the auction, someone bumped a panel in the trailer and it fell off the wall, revealing another secret compartment full of drugs that the cops missed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've worked these when then they were still live auctions with Rene and his daughter. Impounded cars, old police cars, anything the city or county doesn't need anymore.

They once had a travel trailer in Montgomery Co that was seized in a drug stop. Halfway through the auction, someone bumped a panel in the trailer and it fell off the wall, revealing another secret compartment full of drugs that the cops missed.
View Quote

What?!   That's crazy
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What?!   That's crazy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?!   That's crazy

Rene himself is a bit out there. Old cowboy looking guy who wears a gold stick pin on his shirt of two turtles fucking, and that's pretty much his philosophy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:18:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Rene himself is a bit out there. Old cowboy looking guy who wears a gold stick pin on his shirt of two turtles fucking, and that's pretty much his philosophy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?!   That's crazy

Entra la tortuga
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#10]

I have been watching Rene Bates auctions for years, but never bought any thing there.  One thing that puts me off is you have to leave a $100 deposit to be able to bid.  Sure it keeps out the fake bidders, but I don't like letting anyone hold my money.  One of these days if I find something really good, I might loan them a $100 for a while...

Here are 2 others state wide auctions I check every Sunday:

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I am the County Engineer in Bell County and we use Renee Bates for some heavy Equipment.  It is used but well maintained.  You could get some good deals.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have been watching Rene Bates auctions for years, but never bought any thing there.  One thing that puts me off is you have to leave a $100 deposit to be able to bid.  Sure it keeps out the fake bidders, but I don't like letting anyone hold my money.  One of these days if I find something really good, I might loan them a $100 for a while...

Here are 2 others state wide auctions I check every Sunday:

http://www.lsa.cc/

http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/browse/home

View Quote

It used to be worse at the live auction because everything was cash only.  I didn't want to be around that kind of money.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I stumbled upon this earlier.   It's everything from county or city equipment they are retiring such as cameras, radios,  and security systems to confiscated furniture,  guns,  jewelry.   Pretty neat.

https://www.renebates.com/
View Quote

I've bought a few things off RB. It went pretty smooth. The only thing I don't care for is no wire transfer of funds. Payment by cashier's check, OVERNIGHTED once auction is complete.
It's a PITA, but just the cost of doing business I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top