Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 7:55:31 PM EDT
I'm looking for a gunsmith in DFW (more Ft. Worth than Dallas would be nice) to get a KMR handguard installed. I'd prefer not to have to send my upper away, and I don't have any tooIs with me. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll do it for a bottle of whiskey or a couple of pmags. Ive had four KMR equipped uppers so far. Just built one last week.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Runner runner in Mckinney.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Depending on where OP is that might be an hour+ drive on a good day.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:17:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll do it for a bottle of whiskey or a couple of pmags. Ive had four KMR equipped uppers so far. Just built one last week.
View Quote

What kind of whiskey are we talking? I have a pinned shaved FSB that would need to come off and go back on, that'll be the biggest pain.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:18:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be a pretty long drive for me, but it's still better than shipping it as long as they could do it while I wait. Wouldn't want to drive it twice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What kind of whiskey are we talking? I have a pinned shaved FSB that would need to come off and go back on, that'll be the biggest pain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What brand barrel is it? The hardest FSB pins I've ever worked with are from BCM but I've got a system down for those. I'm wondering if a KMR will fit over one actually. I know I had to really grind on one to get it under a VTAC rail.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What brand barrel is it? The hardest FSB pins I've ever worked with are from BCM but I've got a system down for those. I'm wondering if a KMR will fit over one actually. I know I had to really grind on one to get it under a VTAC rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a Spike's Tactical barrel. I shaved the FSB down to get it under my Troy Alpha, so my guess is that if it fits under that, it'll fit under the KMR. I should take some measurements...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top