Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 1:50:04 AM EDT
hey everyone! i just recently moved from ks to the dfw area! im a huge ak guy and was wondering if there are any build parties around the area or in tx in general? i know texas doesnt have a blm like in the western states where you can shoot on public land but is there any public land outside of dallas to do any run and gun on? im loving texas so far. so many opportunities
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
looks like i gotta transfer my CCH over as well since im not in ks anymore too. any tips?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:53:57 AM EDT
[#2]
also, anywhere i can check out some plate carriers around dallas? very interested in getting one but unsure of the fit. ive got my eye on a few and would def like some opinions.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to Texas.. I will try to help you with a few of your questions. I don't know of any AK build parties. I have not seen any posted here in the year and a half I have been in Texas. As you said there is no BLM land here. And as far as I know no public areas that allow for shooting. If you tell everyone what area of Dallas you live in we can recommend ranges and gun clubs etc. Most of the ranges will not allow much if any run and gun. Some ranges have Tac bays which will allow moving and shooting. These are not widely available. There is also Mickeys and the sand pit. IM me and I can explain. If you are a hunter there is very limited public hunting available. Please don't ask in the Texas HTF to hunt on anyone's property for free. Those threads go downhill fast. If you want to hunt you have the option for a lease or one of the pay to play ranches. Or make friends with someone who has access to private property to hunt on. In Texas you will get a CHL. You can apply for it as soon as you have a Texas DL. Part of the process is available online. You will need to take a Texas CHL class even if you have had prior training. The instructors will teach you about all the Texas specific laws regarding concealed carry.  There are a bunch of area instructors/classes that people can recommend.  Switchblades are now legal in Texas. There are some other odd knife laws here. Do some research into what are considered illegal knives.  If you are near Mckinney I try to put together local meets about once a month. The thread is active on the first page if your are interested.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to Texas. Also, dont kmow if you've seen it but we have a AK forum.
Click here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top