Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2014 7:21:12 AM EDT
I live about 10 miles from the entrance to PINS.

As I watch the ruckus in Mexico unfold, I can't help but wonder what is going to happen if there is a mass exodus from down south into my neck,of the woods.

I've seen illegals coming up PINS before, so,I know they travel that way.

Just curious as to how you'd prepare, or would you just leave?

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Way too many ti fight. Just bail

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#2]
What does PINS mean?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What does PINS mean?
View Quote
Padre Island National Seashore.

South of Corpus passed the Bob Hall Pier down state road 22.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry but what is the ruckus? I don't have cable and didn't see anything on Fox News. I have family in the Valley.....
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sorry but what is the ruckus? I don't have cable and didn't see anything on Fox News. I have family in the Valley.....
View Quote
Vigilante groups shooting it out with the cartels and federal es.

This is the sort of thing that can escalate, and cause a mass exodus from down south.

Not sure what all to believe what I read or see...but just like hurricane season...I do prepare for stuff...and not like the nut jobs on Doomsday Preppers.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#6]
There was  a show not too long ago about just sucha situation.

The Mexican government collapsed at some pont and millions of Mexcan nationals were streaming north into the US
to avoid the ensuing anarchy or seeking politcal asylum.
It would be a nightmare for the US to handle.

In some parts now the way the cartels are operating it's not that much to  think that it could not happen.
In one area the residents basially had enough of being terrorized for years by the cartels picked up weapons and shoot it out
with them daily. They are loosely organized and now have assorted military style weapons.
The Federales came in and demanded they give the weapons up and go home and have shot/killed civilians in the process.

In the past few weeks the Federales have also been arresting/disarming alot of Mexican law enforcement in major cities along the border recently for collaborating with the cartels.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I would help them as much as I could.. Its not their fault. They just want to survive like everyone else.

I doubt we will see such a thing here though.

ETA: They patrol PINS all the time these days. But I still dont feel safe camping down there anymore without a few people with me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Mexican government collapsed at some pont and millions of Mexcan nationals were streaming north into the US

In some parts now the way the cartels are operating it's not that much to  think that it could not happen.
In one area the residents basially had enough of being terrorized for years by the cartels picked up weapons and shoot it out
with them daily. They are loosely organized and now have assorted military style weapons.
The Federales came in and demanded they give the weapons up and go home and have shot/killed civilians in the process.

In the past few weeks the Federales have also been arresting/disarming alot of Mexican law enforcement in major cities along the border recently for collaborating with the cartels.

View Quote

Mexico legalizes vigilante groups in Michoacan
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mexico legalizes vigilante groups in Michoacan

WoW. .that is a big change of policy from where they were last week. The vigilantes were fired upon by Federales.
But I did read this in the article:

Vigilante leaders will have to submit a list of their members to the Defense Department, and the army will apparently oversee the groups, which the government said "will be temporary." They will be allowed to keep their weapons as long as they register them with the army.

This is going to be an issue with these people who for years have been terrorized by these drug cartels. They will not be disarmed and I cant blame them.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think I would help them as much as I could.. Its not their fault. They just want to survive like everyone else.

I doubt we will see such a thing here though.

ETA: They patrol PINS all the time these days. But I still dont feel safe camping down there anymore without a few people with me.
View Quote

"If" it did ever happen there would be millions of people and they would descend on a town/city like locust.
They would help themselves, to whaever they needed...or whatever they wanted Mob mentallity..prevails
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Millions of illegals are not going to walk over a hundred miles up the beach when they can catch a ride in the back of a pickup  traveling  Hwy 77 or 281.

Not to mention that whole. "how to get across the multiple ship channels" thing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Millions of illegals are not going to walk over a hundred miles up the beach when they can catch a ride in the back of a pickup  traveling  Hwy 77 or 281.

Not to mention that whole. "how to get across the multiple ship channels" thing.
View Quote
Plumbata, I have personally seen them doing up PINS, and given them water and something to eat...amd if the Cubans can cross 90 miles of the Gulf of Mexico, I don't think a few ship channels are going to be much of a barrier.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top