Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2014 2:42:18 PM EDT
The other day I met a 86 year old man who goes by Buddy, This man has served his country, worked on the GM assembly line ,and retired a Mechanic...he seems to have lived a full life and is full of stories.
He asked me to find him a buyer for some cars of his ,but am really lost, don't think I want to post on Craig's List or anything but I would like to help him. It seems that the cars just sitting on his property is upsetting him to some degree, like they remind him of his past when he has driven them in parades, car clubs and donated their time for Toys for Tots...
He would start the vehicles and somewhat maintained them up in his 80's but as his health began to fail him...now they just sit and rot, he says they haven't been started in about a year.
He seems to be a very nice man who is lost in time, he fully lost his vision about a year ago according to him but I think it may have been a bit longer since he started them and seen them because of the way he speaks of the vehicles condition.
He believes the cars just need some tires batteries and gas to run and some mild restoration and cleaning to be show quality, it was hard to tell him otherwise but maybe I'm wrong in the right hands it may not be that bad...

53' Cadillac 4 door hardtop
</a>

</a>

" />
This is the only door that's like this, the door interior is sitting in the front seat not sure if it's complete
</a>

46' Cadillac 4 door hardtop
[" />

</a>" />
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I think this is a 1966 Chrysler Imperial
</a>" />

</a>" />

What do you think?

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Have him call my dad.... He collects and restores old cars from the late 1800s to 1950s.. IM inbound.. He can give an honest price or find a buyer for him. My dada loves doing this kind of stuff...
My dad...

Dad and I
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:34:37 AM EDT
[#3]
there are a couple of ways to find buyers.
depending on if you want to spend money or not.

each of those cars has some sort of following, and there will be boards like arfcom to sell them on that won't cost you a dime.

but you probably won't get top dollar, and it will reach a limited audience.

moparts for the imp, or there is an imperial board, just for those cars. not worth that much but probably a grand or 2 depending on. but that is based on my experience with mopar c bodies. imps are slight different.

There is probably a caddy board out there as well.

hemmings motor news will cost you to list it, but you can search around there for free. see if there are listings for simliar cars.

ebay is another. But ebay typically is more for advertising rather than selling. some rare items just need exposure rather than actual selling there.

and of course to get rid of them quick there are flippers everywhere.
there is bound to be some local classic car lot you can sell them to for a fast buck vs top dollar.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#4]
just realized you are probably in arlington?

there are usually a couple of swap meets a year
in or near dfw.
pate and the one at the ball park.

might consider dragging one or two up to them?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:51:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Love those Caddies!  Where are the cars located?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish I had the $$$ to make a fair offer on one of those...  but alas, I already have one "project car" sitting in my garage waiting for there to be enough money to do something with it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love those Caddies!  Where are the cars located?
View Quote

DFW area

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

in or near dfw.

View Quote

Do people buy whole cars there, it would be ideal to get rid of them at once
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

in or near dfw.

Yes
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#10]
2 ways to go at the swap meets.
you can pay money to be in and drag the whole car in, or you can drag it up on a trailer and park it outside the gate with your name and phone number on it.

seen it both way's.

and if you check out the pate swapmeet website, you can see the car coral where they park both projects and completed cars for sale.

you can do the same for the car shows as well.

probably not some of the more regulated ones but the free one's won't care.

coffee and cars is every first staturday in plano. it is usually more modern exotics but I bet there will be a few interested.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I shoot old cars at night.
Ask him if a friend of yours can come photograph them.

http://kapplemultimedia.com/night_photography/images/west_texas_88.jpg
View Quote

That looks awesome

I'll see what I can do...
He kinda suffers from grumpy old man syndrome
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#13]
haggerty has a price "guide" on what it thinks cars are worth.

the imperial is a 67.
fixed up, people are asking just under 20k.
in the condition it appears to be in, I would still guess under 1500, and then mostly for parts.

the cadilac's have a couple of trim choices, but even then, they don't rate more than 30k fixed up.
most are under 8k as daily driver condition. so I would bet around 2k to maybe 3k for them to move in this market.
but I don't do chevy that much, so who knows.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I will ask my neighbor that works at a restoration shop if he knows someone looking for a project.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I will ask my neighbor that works at a restoration shop if he knows someone looking for a project.
View Quote

I appreciate it
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:51:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I sent you a email about the Imperial. I'm working on the others.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

much sad there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top