Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 7:32:42 PM EDT
I live near UT.  Is there anywhere nearby where I can get a little bit of firewood?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Just take a drive down 360 any day it's cold, or when a cold front's coming. There are guys all along the highway, mostly north of Lake Austin, selling nice stacks of firewood. Usually $20 for a stack that would fill the trunk of a car.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Not nearby, but Harley's Hardwoods just north of 183 and Anderson Mill on the northbound service road (literally behind Heritage Firearms) is where we get small amounts.  PM me if you want a half cord or more and I'll get you in touch with the guy that supplied us with our last load.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:12:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you try places like HEB, Walmart, or Home Depot?  They usually sell small bundles of firewood this time of year.  Otherwise look for guys on the side of the road as mentioned.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#5]
My HEB doesn't have firewood for sale.  I'll check Walmart though, if they don't have any I'll find someone on the side of the road selling firewood.

I've never had to buy firewood before, back home my dad and I just burn landscaping scraps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top