Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 12:57:48 PM EDT
So I just bought a Ruger TakeDown (CHEA!) but freakin 22lr ammo is out everywhere or is on 2 box limit (academy). Anywhere online or close I can check. I'm in Austin.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So I just bought a Ruger TakeDown (CHEA!) but freakin 22lr ammo is out everywhere or is on 2 box limit (academy). Anywhere online or close I can check. I'm in Austin.
View Quote

CMP has it but you gotta wait in line.  3+ Months.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Been like this ever since the panic. There are people still waiting at7 in the morning when walmart sporting goods open on days they get ammo.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#3]
It's SLOWLY getting better. Went into a basspro and they had around 12 bulk packs of American Eagle 400rnd boxes for $23.90.  I picked up two and left the rest for someone like OP, hoping a damn scalper wouldn't get their hands on them to resell.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I know this doesn't help you OP, but Carter's in Houston has actually had a fair amount of value pack Federal and CCI 400 rd packs in stock for around $24.  Not great, but I have bought a couple in the last week or so since no else has any.  I hope this is a sign of good things to come.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
My local gun shop has had 22 in stock for months .... It was just in the back and he only sold it to his regulars with no price increase... When I asked him why he did not sale it to anyone that walked in an an inflated price his response was something like " my regulars take care of me when times are tuff so I take care of them when times are tuff"

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

GUNBOT - 22 ammo online -

Eta:  Ammo to go has Scorpion brand - the cheapest around at 12 cents a pop.   Appears to be brass plated 40 grain solid  - made in the Philippines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top