Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2013 10:22:49 AM EDT
It's finally time for me to get my chl. No idea what I've been waiting on, but I decided I would buy my brother's for a christmas gift as well. Anyone do or know of any decent priced places/instructors in or around the DFW area?  (S. Arlington)
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Winchester gun range on Lancaster at 820 has a nice indoor facility.  If you need to rent a gun or buy ammo, they can fix you up.  Alpine also could get you in a class.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be kind of a drive for you BUT I took mine a few weeks ago at Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville. They did a fantastic job!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
same here at eagle gun range, was pleased with the class/facilities
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Academy for firearms training in Grand Prairie.

I have done two renewals here. One of the instructors is a former Texas state legislator. His name is Ray Allen and he helped write the original law. He is a low license holder like 25 or under. If I am not mistaken he was the first licensed instructor.

I'm not saying he will be there when you take a class or not. When I did both renewals they furnished Glock 19's and all the necessary ammo. The range is on site. At one time they did the finger printing.

http://chltraining.com/

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
On Target just south of Benbrook on 377.  They have their own fingerprint scan set up, and their instructors are not former SS/FBI/space shuttle door gunner like some of the locals I have heard of.

Took my last renewal there, my wife went there, sent one other guy from work to them and he said they were good.

My dad went to Elk Castle on 30 near Carswell, the were alright too.  

In the Arlington area, the Dalworthington Gardens' Police Chief, Bill Wayborne, is an instructor as well.  I have no idea how to get into a class with him.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I took a class at the Shooting Gallery (Winchester) off 820

It was a hosted class (they have different people using the range so if you do choose them be specific)

The class was instructed by Officer Damon Ing @ GunSafeTX

I found the class to be very informative and he was a genuinely good instructor. The material was presented in an entertaining way and I never felt "when will this end."

I have nothing to do with this guy other than chance as I just signed up after a range day. I was expecting (from friends opinions) that the class would be dry, boring and downright unbearable due to their experiences elsewhere.

I can't attest for any other instructor as I've only been to one! I can however tell you at least Officer Ing won't disappoint.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's finally time for me to get my chl. No idea what I've been waiting on, but I decided I would buy my brother's for a christmas gift as well. Anyone do or know of any decent priced places/instructors in or around the DFW area?  (S. Arlington)
View Quote

TXI of course!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top