Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 6:30:54 AM EDT
As title says. Where is the cheapest place to stay that's close to cabelas without fear of drug needles and getting robbed in the parking lot of said hotel?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:38:48 AM EDT
[#1]
This place is in walking distance--literally right on the same road.  The area is safe, but busy.  Has good reviews on Expedia.  $74/night, which isn't bad for Austin area this time of year (graduation, holidays):
Microtel Inn and Suites
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This place is in walking distance--literally right on the same road.  The area is safe, but busy.  Has good reviews on Expedia.  $74/night, which isn't bad for Austin area this time of year (graduation, holidays):
Microtel Inn and Suites
View Quote

Cool, thanks brother.  Thinking about driving up tomorrow or Friday.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Microtel Inn and Suites

I hope you are driving up for more than just Cabella's...  Not that it is a bad place or anything...  but not really worth more than a quick day trip...

The upside of course is there are a lot of other things to do around...  lots of good BBQ within driving range of Buda...
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
getting robbed in the parking lot of said hotel?
View Quote

Yeah, that's not much of a problem here in Buda. Not yet at least.

In spite of our proximity to Austin, Buda still has a pretty decent small town feel.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a Hampton Inn across the street from Microtel, too, and within walking distance to Cabela's.  Both hotels are fairly new and you should be ok in that area.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I stayed in the Hampton inn two weeks ago. It's clean and fairly new.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#7]
The MicroInn and Hamptons werent too bad (walking distance)
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#8]
There's a bunch of restaurants (both regular and fast food) right in that area, too.  Plus a Walmart and HEB.  All within walking distance.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I live in Buda OP. Not bad at all here. On Dec 26 a new outdoor shooting range is opening up in Buda. I believe it's called "The shooting Range". Of course this if you come around that time. Btw The original Salt Lick BBQ is 15min from Cabelas
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I live in Buda OP. Not bad at all here. On Dec 26 a new outdoor shooting range is opening up in Buda. I believe it's called "The shooting Range". Of course this if you come around that time. Btw The original Salt Lick BBQ is 15min from Cabelas
View Quote

On 590 AM this morning there was a quick blurb about a new gun range but they said San Marcos.  Even better that it is in Buda!  I just checked out their website and it sounds like it will be a fun range.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I have stayed at the La Quinta down the road. Cheap and nice newer hotel
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

On 590 AM this morning there was a quick blurb about a new gun range but they said San Marcos.  Even better that it is in Buda!  I just checked out their website and it sounds like it will be a fun range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have the business card on me but searched for the address on my iPhone when I had it.

4801 Turnersville Rd, Buda, TX  78610-3971, United States

Also seems like their website isn't working yet
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't have the business card on me but searched for the address on my iPhone when I had it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works for me.

http://www.shootersranch.com/
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a shame that range won't be open till the 26th.  

Thanks for all the replies guys! I don't go back to work till the 20th so I'm still trying to pin down a day I'm going to head up as a mini vacation.  Halfway between home and Cabelas my uncle has a 500 acre ranch, so figure I'll head up and spend the night. Hit cabelas in the morning, then make the drive to my uncles ranch and spend a couple nights hunting before heading home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top