Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2013 3:56:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]

The police are running the vin numbers to see if they are stolen?
I will put $5.00 on all of them Alex.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
We used to fish the Trinity.
We would get some nice fish.

Catch & release only.

Ft. Worth side.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
How far is this from Mickey's?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quite a ways away from Mickey's.  Same fork of the river, but up closer to NW Hwy.

mm
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

30 miles. California Crossing is northwest of Love Field, almost in Las Colinas. I'm running on par for my stolen car count for the year, 5 found so far this year. I average half a dozen.

I was south of Malloy Bridge at dawn this morning, which is a couple river miles south of Mickeys. Lock and Dam number 4 is there and a ton of pigs.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Pic from a canoe trip on the Trinity back in 2007.  South of downtown but not as far south as Mickey's.  Always check the Carfax.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd be surprised if a single one wasn't reported as stolen.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

30 miles. California Crossing is northwest of Love Field, almost in Las Colinas. I'm running on par for my stolen car count for the year, 5 found so far this year. I average half a dozen.

I was south of Malloy Bridge at dawn this morning, which is a couple river miles south of Mickeys. Lock and Dam number 4 is there and a ton of pigs.

http://i.imgur.com/VwhiBoSl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UgvoZVel.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish there had been pigs in the river bottoms in the 80s
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couple times back (probably a month or so ago now) out at Mickey's we saw some guys getting ready to pull away with their little boat.  Apparently they had been down the river (South of Mickey's) fishing and pig hunting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not sure CA Crossing goes across the river, but it's not an nice place either.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Couple times back (probably a month or so ago now) out at Mickey's we saw some guys getting ready to pull away with their little boat.  Apparently they had been down the river (South of Mickey's) fishing and pig hunting.
View Quote

Unless they are gar fishing, the better fishing area is in the old gravel pits that line the river. In regards to hunting, well, what they were doing is poaching, actually.

The Ford F-150 between the Whitewater Park and Cedar Crest Bridge was stolen out of Richardson many years ago. It's still there today, saw it just two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not sure CA Crossing goes across the river, but it's not an nice place either.
View Quote

California Crossing goes across the river, there is a bridge just south of the park. California Crossing was named by the 49ers who crossed there headed west across the river to the gold fields of California. Must have been an ancient crossing there because an Indian Marker tree stands over there near the National Guard Armory.

It's a safe place to be, I know chicks who mountain bike there alone at LB Houston. After dark, the sketchy people show up, the "cruisin' dude" types looking for other dudes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

California Crossing goes across the river, there is a bridge just south of the park. California Crossing was named by the 49ers who crossed there headed west across the river to the gold fields of California. Must have been an ancient crossing there because an Indian Marker tree stands over there near the National Guard Armory.

It's a safe place to be, I know chicks who mountain bike there alone at LB Houston. After dark, the sketchy people show up, the "cruisin' dude" types looking for other dudes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've only driven up there when I go to Living Earth. By the time I pass the sex shops, topless bars, liquor stores and impound yards, I'm on alert.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you find a good place to park by Malloy or did you bike in?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:48:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parked on the west side of the bridge on the eastbound side. That's not a good place to park but no one messed with our vehicles. The county is supposed to allow for an easement through there for dirt mountain bike trails but apparently the legal paperwork is not yet finished. We spoke to the mining operation manager next door and he allowed us to park there after we spoke for awhile. Hopefully that legal work gets finished up and folks can wander down there. Great area.

I put up a map last night from the Dallas Feral Hog RFP packet that was sent to all trapping vendors interested in the initial city wide trapping program:
Feral Hogs Dallas and Trapping

Shows where the city thinks pigs are running around, some of the areas are true problem areas, some of it is redneck hijinx. In there I also linked to some guy's youtube video of a small juvenile pig running around at Buckner and Mockingbird near White Rock Lake,

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:29:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Parked on the west side of the bridge on the eastbound side. That's not a good place to park but no one messed with our vehicles. The county is supposed to allow for an easement through there for dirt mountain bike trails but apparently the legal paperwork is not yet finished. We spoke to the mining operation manager next door and he allowed us to park there after we spoke for awhile. Hopefully that legal work gets finished up and folks can wander down there. Great area.

I put up a map last night from the Dallas Feral Hog RFP packet that was sent to all trapping vendors interested in the initial city wide trapping program:
Feral Hogs Dallas and Trapping

Shows where the city thinks pigs are running around, some of the areas are true problem areas, some of it is redneck hijinx. In there I also linked to some guy's youtube video of a small juvenile pig running around at Buckner and Mockingbird near White Rock Lake,

View Quote

Everything I've seen from Gateway to Elam Creek would make prime bowhunting if the city would ever get over themselves.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Everything I've seen from Gateway to Elam Creek would make prime bowhunting if the city would ever get over themselves.
View Quote

Well, if I could get enough backing from very capable hunters we could take it to the city. I know just the people to talk with about it at city hall. It would take some effort and some strong pro-ethical hunter discussion.

It would be great if hog hunting were opened up on a restricted basis down there for feral hogs, bow and shotgun only maybe. I imagine people would pay for the hunting and the money could go into the much underfunded parks system.

I have talked with many of the very anti-gun, pro-wildlife lovers in Dallas, many surprised me that hunting for pigs was a great idea to eradicate the population. In the past and even very recently the hunting issue down there has become a problem because people who are not supposed to hunt down there, are hunting. Not just pigs but deer, dove and other animals too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well, if I could get enough backing from very capable hunters we could take it to the city. I know just the people to talk with about it at city hall. It would take some effort and some strong pro-ethical hunter discussion.

It would be great if hog hunting were opened up on a restricted basis down there for feral hogs, bow and shotgun only maybe. I imagine people would pay for the hunting and the money could go into the much underfunded parks system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you'd be able to sell the idea of any firearm hunting to the city, but with just bows and crossbows I think you could put a hearty dent in that population. $50 a permit. Money going into the city instead of several thousand going out to a trapping program that so far hasn't eliminated the problem. I hate to be crude, but I think a lot of the residents would jump all over it and hunt it bare. You'd probably have to limit it to county or city residents just to keep it from being overrun with hunters. Restrictions are already in place, mandatory hunting license, mandatory hunter education. Several game wardens already in the county. Heck, you could even limit it to December and January and I think they'd either kill or run out every wild hog on public property.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Corps of Engineers allows hunting to some extent, maybe the city could follow their guidelines:

http://media.swf.usace.army.mil/pubdata/ops/recnres/HUNT_GUIDE12-13.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top