Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2013 7:39:35 PM EDT
I went in on Tuesday and after dealing with the guys at the desk, showing my ID, and signing in walked right over to the voting machine.  No wait at all.  Unless you consider waiting in line to vote a social event get this done now when you can do so painlessly.

These elections are not well publicised but they matter.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Any recommendation on where I can go to find out what's on the ballot, do some research, and figure out where my polling place is?

<- Just moved to TX
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:56:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any recommendation on where I can go to find out what's on the ballot, do some research, and figure out where my polling place is?

<- Just moved to TX
View Quote

Try typing your county name along with county clerk into a search engine.  They are the ones who handle elections in this state.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Took my wife to vote for the first time and was promptly scolded for 'telling her how to vote' (I was just showing her how the machine works) apparently people do that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]
CHLers...  Watch out for early polling sites...  Remember...  They are no-carry sites when the voting booths are open!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CHLers...  Watch out for early polling sites...  Remember...  They are no-carry sites when the voting booths are open!
View Quote

Thanks for the tip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top