User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2013 2:34:16 AM EDT
no thread
no reports
no witty retorts???

how's the show..
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 2:43:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Was wondering this myself, must be meh...
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 2:59:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Any lowers been showing up at the shows lately?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I was there yesterday, very slow show. Ammo way over priced, ar15's are coming down in price but still not selling. What amazed me was a dealer had a Ruger 1911 for $695, it was nearly noon before it sold.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Just got back. It was a total waste of $16.00.

Small crowd, no wait to get in at 10:15am. The FWPD  officer at the firearms check in table looked bored.  Mostly window shoppers .. not much buying going on that I could see.

I was hoping to find a two stage trigger to replace the Rock River NM trigger in my precision rifle that turned itself into a double firing single stage. No such luck, but I did see lots of other great deals - $250.00
bricks cases of CCI Blazer 22lr and 350.00 New Frontier polymer AR lowers.

Lots of ammo available if you care to pay the stupid prices being asked (.75 - $1.00+ per round for XM193). S&W M&P 15-22's for $1000.00 on one side of the aisle and $600.00 (still over priced) on the other side. Overall AR, ammo and Pmag prices seem to be coming down some, but are still way to high to get me to part with my cash.

I left empty handed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty much a show that people are tired of spending money or out of money..   It won't be long until $600 AR's are popping up again.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
AR's coming down close to normal. One dealer had M&P supporters for $895 so that was encouraging. Ammo was stupid priced as usual. $1.00 per round for XM193 was seen at a couple of tables. No decent optics in the whole show. Mostly cheap trash except for a few acogs. Waste of time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up an upper, BCG and charging handle. The guys from Gun Kings had the best table for AR bits.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
AR's coming down close to normal. One dealer had M&P supporters for $895 so that was encouraging. Ammo was stupid priced as usual. $1.00 per round for XM193 was seen at a couple of tables. No decent optics in the whole show. Mostly cheap trash except for a few acogs. Waste of time.

I haven't seen any higher end optics for some time at any of the local gun shows.  There used to be a guy that sold Leupold, but his prices were pretty high....haven't seen him since they closed Big Town.

mm
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think gun shows will be worth going to until the ban is 'officially' turned downed and guns and ammo are readily available.. of course any item that is available nearly everywhere will become the first to go back to normal...

Can't wait for > .50cent 223 brass in 100 to 1,000 bundles.. going to academy every morning for a 'chance' at 1 or 2 boxes is annoying
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:41:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
no thread
no reports
no witty retorts???

how's the show..

SOS..with the prices of 22 LR at the height of insanity....177 BB's going up.  Bow's and Crossbows and arrows may be the next panic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
no thread
no reports
no witty retorts???

how's the show..

SOS..with the prices of 22 LR at the height of insanity....177 BB's going up.  Bow's and Crossbows and arrows may be the next panic.

I can make my own arrows and Osage Orange Longbow, with sinew backing...so bring it on...anyone want to pay me $4,000 for one..I'll waste my time making it for that kind of money! LMAO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top