Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2013 3:12:30 PM EDT
I just found out today that my job ends on March 30th. I am a CNC Machinist of 20+ years, if any of you guys know of a job opening in the Houston Area for a CNC Machinist, a heads up would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Tons of oilfield companies are hiring for CNC machinist jobs.  A quick google search I just did turned up FMC Technologies, Weatherford International, Oil States, Baker Hughes to name a few.  Or, maybe Larue is hiring?  
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I haven't started looking hard at the moment, got to update the ol resume first. Larue would be a dream job.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
at least they gave you a month; sounds like you fall into the class of a good hand
that don't have trouble getting back to a productive living; Godspeed
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope you find something with the FA industry.  That would be pretty sweet.  Good luck with the job hunt.  Check with Rigalite.  I think most of their stuff if stamped, but it's a good company.  Pearland area.  They make industrial lighting.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]
That sucks, 20 years and bam.... congrats on the 30 days notice though... If I were you I would look to a professional online service, the state operated one at the very least, because you have a skill and 20 years at one company it shouldn't be too hard for you assuming there is a need somewhere. And since it sounds like it's been 20 years since you searched for work..I'd though I'd mention ONLINE JOB SEARCHES/RESUME POSTING/etc.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks, I haven't started looking hard at the moment, got to update the ol resume first. Larue would be a dream job.

Uh, you might just want to throw him an email.    Just sayin
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 4:56:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Sig Sauer is looking for CNC Machine Operators and Programmers.. only thing to note is it's in Exeter & Newington NH

http://www.sigsauer.com/AboutUs/CareersJobs.aspx

CNC Programmer/Set-up
http://www.sigsauer.com/AboutUs/CareersJobDetails.aspx?jid=43

CNC Machine Operators
http://www.sigsauer.com/AboutUs/CareersJobDetails.aspx?jid=16

Came across my Facebook, just thought I'd mention it even though it's a BIG MOVE to relocate, and you are probably not interested...maybe you are?
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 5:37:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Larue Jobs check them out for dream job opportunity!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry about your job loss.  Don't know if these guys are hiring this week, but they are always interested in people with your level of experience.  Their Houston locations are near Hwy 290 and Beltway 8:

Lufkin Industries
11050 West Little York, Bldg S
Houston, TX 77041
Mr. Joe Kutac 713-856-7755

Centerline Manufacturing, Ltd
5711 Campbell Rd
Houston, TX 77041
Mr. Tim Rueter 713-329-9070 ext 102
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#10]
You should do well in landing a new position very soon with your background and location.

There is lots of CNC hiring in Houston for the Petro-Chemical Industries.

You might want to check the Texas Job Forum board here on ARFCOM too...
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#11]
OP call Larue!
From Larue's career page... #2 and 3

"2.) Machinist (operators of Haas, turning centers, mold makers, etc) - ability to load, monitor, and maximize CNC machining and turning center cells. Proficiency and experience in the use of measuring equipment and inspection sheets is a plus.

3.) Machine tool mechanics - CNCs require constant (preventative) maintenance - we have more CNCs than guys to keep 'em running."

Im sure they would jump at the chance to get a guy with 20 yrs experience
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
UPDATE: I interviewed today at a place that is about 10 minutes closer to me than my current job. Interview went well and it is unofficial but my friend that works there told me today that his boss told him that I got the job. I should get the official email in the morning. 50 cents more and hour and I will still be on dayshift, I hate working nights.
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
UPDATE: I interviewed today at a place that is about 10 minutes closer to me than my current job. Interview went well and it is unofficial but my friend that works there told me today that his boss told him that I got the job. I should get the official email in the morning. 50 cents more and hour and I will still be on dayshift, I hate working nights.

Congrats!

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven't officially started working there since my last day at my current job is March 30 and my new boss has already invited me to join him for a Mastercam programming training class.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Congrats.  Job market in TX isn't that bad.  Knock on wood.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Better than 4 years ago when it took me 6 months to find a Machinist job.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I work for Oil states. Good company to be with if you are looking for more/hr
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks, There is an Oil States close by where I am working now and will be working. I jumped on this job because it is dayshift, Monday through Friday, weekends off. Big plus for me to spend more time with the family. I did the nights and weekends for too long. Payrate is great. Supervisory position with free Mastercam programming classes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top