Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2013 5:58:21 AM EDT
I'm looking for a good tattoo shop in the Austin area. I'm not a novice to tattoos, I have 4 already. I'd like a place that doesn't have attitude or ego, I might be a blonde, but I'm not stupid. I need someone who is good at drawing custom tattoos. (No flash for this girl!) So arfcomers, any recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Mike at Atomic on Burnet is a good artist
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 7:30:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Calypso (sp?) - used to work at the place just south of Morning Star (the massage supply place) on First....he's a good artist, did my wife's tat. Haven't been there in awhile.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I think who you want might be dependent on what you want.  What type of custom tat are you looking to get?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#4]
mike terrell - gully cat tattoo on south 1st

he was an artist before he got into tattoos (not the other way around)
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I am an artist but I don't have any tattoo experience, although everyone says I draw great tattoo's lol...I would hit the shops and spend a lot of time looking at photo albums of their tattoo's..make sure if you get a portrait done that you look at someone who does a lot of those..people are the hardest tattoos to do imo.. I wouldn't try to find an artist and have him do your style of work if that's not something they do already!
Take your time and look around, it is PERMANENT after all!
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
mike terrell - gully cat tattoo on south 1st

he was an artist before he got into tattoos (not the other way around)

I'll put that one on my "list" to check out. They have awesome reviews on yelp and google. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top