Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2012 10:10:45 PM EDT
I have no problem doing random alcohol and drug screens on our troops...makes sense. However, I wonder why we are able to get this approved, but if you bring up drug and alcohol testing those that receive welfare or food stamps, it just gets pushed aside or laughed at. (They usually say it's against their right to privacy). I think ANYONE that I pay the salary of should be randomly screened for drugs and alcohol. I am their employer, as are you. Military, welfare recipients, representatives, and the President himself.

Marines to be randomly tested for alcohol.

Boot.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#1]
That's crazy.  0.01?  I think you can get that by just driving by a liquor store.  When I was in you could to the club for lunch and they would let you have two beers with your meal while you were on duty.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Marines always have alcohol in their blood. Its part of being a Marine
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what the current practice is but we used to have drug screen and breathalyzer tests in the Army.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this while on duty or include off duty hours also?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I bet whomever came up with the limits has never been
to the P.I. !!  
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think ANYONE that I pay the salary of should be randomly screened for drugs and alcohol. I am their employer, as are you. Military, welfare recipients, representatives, and the President himself.

Or anyone who by any shape or form receives subsidies or has access to anything public. Just wouldn't be fair eh there comrade?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Amen!!!

I had a kid give humvee class, and he put it on it's side, He was ok, but it could have been a bad day for one of my young Marines. I have been a marine for the past 17yrears and seen alcohol hurt a lot of familys,

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:44:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bet whomever came up with the limits has never been
to the P.I. !!  

Just thinking about PI will make you fail..
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have no problem doing random alcohol and drug screens on our troops...makes sense. However, I wonder why we are able to get this approved, but if you bring up drug and alcohol testing those that receive welfare or food stamps, it just gets pushed aside or laughed at. (They usually say it's against their right to privacy). I think ANYONE that I pay the salary of should be randomly screened for drugs and alcohol. I am their employer, as are you. Military, welfare recipients, representatives, and the President himself.

Marines to be randomly tested for alcohol.

Boot.

Paying taxes does NOT make you their employer, nor even mean you pay their salary.  

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.

Not much detail in the article.  I have to assume they are doing this while the Marines are on duty or in a theater where drinking is not allowed.  If so, I don't have too much of a problem with it.  I will say the pencil pushing desk jockeys have way too much time on their hands if this is what they are worried about.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure this pertains to on-duty violators.  On the Air Wing side of the house, maintainers coming in drunk and turning wrenches on jets and helos is never a good thing.  too much at stake.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Paying taxes does NOT make you their employer, nor even mean you pay their salary.  

To which part are you speaking?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Well.....
As a Devil Dog I will say this-
Don't go on duty w alcohol in your system..

I remember lots of times while in schools coming back on Sunday afternoon and guys being sooooo drunk that they could barely stand in formation.
:-).  Or back from Libo in port - man that was worse...

( I bet it is talking about during Duty Hours )

Either way, drinking in the barracks is a norm.
I have done some retarded things while drinking in the barracks myself.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top