Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2012 12:47:00 PM EDT
Well folks, we're really starting to feel the effects of the recent school shooting. I called Dick's at San Antonio to check on ny Troy Carbine that I pre-ordered before Black Friday and the guy who answered my call said that Dick's HQ today decided to cancel all pre-oreders and any future sales including hicap magazines. He said I will get a full refund plus a $100 certificate for any inconvenience they may have caused.

I giong to call Dick's HQ to complain and demand a $300 certiicate to cover the original discount. The number is (724) 273-3400. Their HQ is located in Pittsburgh, PA.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
that sucks.  glad i waited in line for it black friday now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Crap.  I bought two on pre-order and spoke to a Dallas store last week - they said they would be honoring all pre-orders.  Guess, I better get on the phone and clear this up before I pay off the DSG cc.

ETA: Confirmed with the Dallas store (although the poor bastards are blaming Troy.)  Didn't give the guy on the phone any grief; he's only following his bosses' orders.  I'll call corporate and politely tell whoever answers that I've never done business with DSG until this sale, will cancel the credit card as soon as the refund gets processed, and will NO longer do any business with them UNLESS they reverse their policy (might as well hold the carrot out.)
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell them you are going to stop buying anything from them then.
Stick to it.

I haven't heard for sure if academy has done this same type of thing as an entire chain, if they do, I'm
I plan on either buying at another store or ordering online.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Dick's has lost my business due to these decisions. The only ammo I've bought there was a can of M855 back in Feb. But I've spent thousands there on golf equipment, clothing, shoes, baseball/softball equipment.

They've lost that. Need to see how I can cancel my rewards card crap and get them to stop emailing me.

It's nice that they've done something to make themselves feel good. They'll never get another dollar from me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to be greedy but $300 still sounds low.  You bought at their asking price and to now replace the rifle you ordered will cost you $500 more in this environment.  Maybe more.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I wrote Dick's off after they rolled over last week. End of story for me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Their name says it all for me.

Reminds me of Colt during the '90's, with all their pre-emptive neutering of their products to appease.

HK Ag
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I have only been in their store once, a few years ago. They had a 2 box limit on 9mm,so i asked why and was told that was store policy.
I bought 2,because i had drove out there,so when the guy rang me up,he said"see you next time".
I told him there would not be a next time ,due to the stupid 2 box limit. Never been back, and damn sure not after this crap.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I would have told them to keep their $100 gift certificate, I wouldn't spend my money OR their money in that store.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I went in the Dick's near Northpark in Dallas after work today. No AR's on the wall but they do still have AR posters and display ads in their gun shop area, they also have a bunch of faux AR paintball guns, which is weird.

No ammo of note to speak of other than Tula 7.62x39 at $6.99 and overpriced shotgun ammo.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Screw those guys.  I would buy a softball from those *ssholes.  They are dead to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top