Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 9:52:03 AM EDT
curious who's seeking what post Obama 2.0
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
there is a show at market hall this weekend? Awesome!

looking for ftf deals
sp101 3" 357
1911 variants
G21 gen 4 or sf
6" SW629

if i find any of those i will be happy camper....
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:50:05 AM EDT
[#2]
This isn't a post Obama purchase, just a lot of my firearm related purchases were able to be fulfilled post-election. I'm going to be seeking out a SGL-21. I think that will even out my rifle to mag ratio.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:26:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Stripped lowers. I haven't been to a show since the election what is the going rate now and availability?

I've heard they have increased in price but is that just price gouging or is there an actual shortage? I don't believe all the hype. Obama hasn't even mentioned gun control. Feinstein has but she introduces that same bill over and over.

If anyone is aware of Black Friday stripped lower pricing please post. There are 4 gun shows I'm aware of this weekend (2 small ones in Houston, a massive show in Dallas, and a small one in Robstown). I think Market Hall will have all the deals, if any.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]
needing a stripped lower marked for multi cal. to get my sbr project started.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#5]
gunshow or deer stand.....hmmmmm
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:47:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Deer stand!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stripped lowers. I haven't been to a show since the election what is the going rate now and availability?

I've heard they have increased in price but is that just price gouging or is there an actual shortage? I don't believe all the hype. Obama hasn't even mentioned gun control. Feinstein has but she introduces that same bill over and over.

If anyone is aware of Black Friday stripped lower pricing please post. There are 4 gun shows I'm aware of this weekend (2 small ones in Houston, a massive show in Dallas, and a small one in Robstown). I think Market Hall will have all the deals, if any.

bare Lowers are running from $99 to 170.00 from what I have seen.

there has been a price increase on some lowers..not many but there really is a shortage, back orders; dependent on maker up to 9 mo, spikes
are supposedly just now getting to Aprils orders.
Rock River and Bushmaster etc, only major vendors seem to be getting them,
complete rifles are easier to get and prices saw no big increases last weekend at mesquite.

Gun show is SATURDAY,,doubt you'll see anyone giveing anything away for Black Friday..Cabellas and Bass Pro can afford such things...maybe Bachman,
CNN, J&G,  and other distrubutors not lowly dealers..

OBAMA mentioned renewing the Assault Weapon Ban in the 2nd debate and that access to cheap handguns was the issue with crimes in the cities and he thinks tighter controls
are needed..
Uncecked, dont think O will not do what he can to dissarm you, big Tax stamps, Increased taxes on ammo or gun sales, Permits/Certs for private ownership, lots of things could be done
with in the Consitution were one dedicated in dismantling it..
CHEF
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deer stand!

Animals have been sluggish around here lately with the warm weather...though the deer stand would certainly save me some money I'm sure.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:54:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deer stand!

Animals have been sluggish around here lately with the warm weather...though the deer stand would certainly save me some money I'm sure.

too many acorns in my area, they are not coming to food plots.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in from out of town. What's the price to get into the show?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deer stand!

Season only last so long, they have guns shows all year. plus hunting is more fun that being surrounded by people.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

$10.  Free Parking.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deer stand!

Season only last so long, they have guns shows all year. plus hunting is more fun that being surrounded by people.

Big +1 there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

$8 or $10, free parking..

Dallas Market Hall

2200 Stemmons Freeway
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deer stand!

Yes, but the crazy people watching and expert advice is cool.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

bare Lowers are running from $99 to 170.00 from what I have seen.

there has been a price increase on some lowers..not many but there really is a shortage, back orders; dependent on maker up to 9 mo, spikes
are supposedly just now getting to Aprils orders.
Rock River and Bushmaster etc, only major vendors seem to be getting them,
complete rifles are easier to get and prices saw no big increases last weekend at mesquite.

Gun show is SATURDAY,,doubt you'll see anyone giveing anything away for Black Friday..Cabellas and Bass Pro can afford such things...maybe Bachman,
CNN, J&G,  and other distrubutors not lowly dealers..

OBAMA mentioned renewing the Assault Weapon Ban in the 2nd debate and that access to cheap handguns was the issue with crimes in the cities and he thinks tighter controls
are needed..
Uncecked, dont think O will not do what he can to dissarm you, big Tax stamps, Increased taxes on ammo or gun sales, Permits/Certs for private ownership, lots of things could be done
with in the Consitution were one dedicated in dismantling it..
CHEF

Sometimes smaller (well ok medium size) dealers run black Friday or gun show specials on inventory that they need to move quickly.  For example maybe Amazon started selling a particular brand and stuck that dealer with a huge pile of inventory.

Cookiemonster, hasn't mentioned anything?  Guess you hadn't heard this news:
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-win-u-backs-u-n-arms-treaty-193445288.html
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#17]

....meh  (pass)

Seems last Market Hall show was all retail pricing....

Granted I was not looking for the big ticket purchase. I needed to pick up a few odds and ends...

I would not want to see the panic of all the Obama Ver. II paranoids hitting the aisles...

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#18]
What is the times that they are opening the doors both days?  Will most dealers there require cash, or will they take plastic?  Looking for a new colt.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What is the times that they are opening the doors both days?  Will most dealers there require cash, or will they take plastic?  Looking for a new colt.

Saturday 9-5
Sunday 9-4

Most dealers will take credit cards but it's almost always cheaper to use cash.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saturday 9-5
Sunday 9-4

I usually see around 3-5% for credit purchase. That could be a few dollars saved using cash.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:36:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I used to live for that show: get there about 6:30, park in front(back when you could), thermos of coffee(several trips to the can at the hotel to the west of there)and the newspaper.
One of bachman's employees would always save a spot for Shawn's porsche, whenever he rolled up!

Now that whole space in front is handicap parking.

These times are achanging.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Are the safe dealers who come to the shows pretty shady?  Are they selling safes of unknown steel thickness like the bigbox stores do?  Are their prices any good?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I use this printout when some dealer tries to charge extra for credit card use:
https://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/credit_cards.shtml

Attorney General's opinion:

In Texas, a business can not penalize you for paying with a credit card. Businesses that add a surcharge to those who pay by credit card might be violating provisions of the Texas Finance Code. However, businesses can discount the regular retail price of an item for consumers who pay cash. If you believe a business is charging extra for credit card purchases, please a file a consumer complaint with our office.

I've had more than one dealer change his mind when I told him to put the credit card surcharge in writing on the receipt and I'd gladly pay it and forward a copy of it to the Attorney General's office.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saturday 9-5
Sunday 9-4

I usually see around 3-5% for credit purchase. That could be a few dollars saved using cash.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

In Texas, a business can not penalize you for paying with a credit card. Businesses that add a surcharge to those who pay by credit card might be violating provisions of the Texas Finance Code. However, businesses can discount the regular retail price of an item for consumers who pay cash. If you believe a business is charging extra for credit card purchases, please a file a consumer complaint with our office.

I've had more than one dealer change his mind when I told him to put the credit card surcharge in writing on the receipt and I'd gladly pay it and forward a copy of it to the Attorney General's office.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saturday 9-5
Sunday 9-4

You're one of the Olsen twins, aren't you?  I do hope you realize how your entitlement attitude and admission to criminal behavior make you look.

mm
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Typically dealers have a "fixed" price and a "cash" discount price.  Use cash and you get a discount.  Pay with a CC then you pay the "fixed" price.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#26]
The way I see it there are some dealers who play by the rules and dont charge more for CC use and those who skirt the rules. The law is very specific on it.

It's not my fault if the dealer knows the rules and chooses to violate them. They now understand the risk.

I can't be responsible for what the AG's office may or may not do.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#27]
For those who don't know or understand this "phenomenon" let me explain. Major credit card companies, will not allow merchants, even monsters like wal marts from dealing direct with them, so they must use "processors" or merchant services companies. These companies charge a percent to handle the transactions. It is just another way (someone) got involved and fees are ultimately passed on to consumer, one way or another. Either higher pricing or outright "fees" are  collected, much like the coming obamacare. Vendors whom compete viciously in the shows usually, to your surprise (now) have a margin from 3% to 10% (after show expenses) on everyday regular items, so like it or not, those fees must be paid by someone other than vendor trying to make a living on 3 to 10%.
Intelligent vendors do not violate any rules, they simply advertise prices marked INCLUDE a cash discount, or, they mark it REGULAR price, AND cash discount prices. Most choose the first, it is less complicating and less time explaining to people who THINK we are violating a law, or rule, which we are not by making it very clear that PRICES ADVERTISED INCLUDE A CASH DISCOUNT. 99% of people get it and are intelligent enough to comprehend this...very very few are not are just looking for any way they can to create contoversy here and elsewhere.
Solution???? BRING A CHECK WITH YOU!!!!! The large reputable dealers, gun zone, saws, Bachman do not charge fees for checks because it DOESN'T COST THEM ANYTHING. In closing, if correct verbiage is used, as it with most vendors, there is nothing illegal nor any violation happening.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]
AJC is another dealer who jeffsubgunman didnt mention in his list of "major" dealers. Almost every gun show dealer does the same thing but not at a brick and mortar store. At the show they advertise the lower price and charge more for a credit card. Actually AJC has two prices listed, cash and credit.  That may actually be legal, but to advertise say a gun for 499 and when you go to use a Visa Card it is now 17.50 more is a blatant violation according to the source I provided. Not everyone is buying a gun with a check. Some of us have to finance it say over 30 days when our next check comes in.  

Jeff the only one who needs to "get it" is the Attorney General's office. Tell you what I'll do this weekend - ill come buy an item from you but before I do I will take a pic of the advertised price, or better yet I'll wear a hidden camera. Then I will buy the item on my credit card and allow you to sell me the item with whatever surcharge you decide is appropriate for a credit card -God forbid you charge say 3.5% but it turns out you really only pay like 2% which gives you 1.5% hidden profits- and then take my video to the AG's office or better yet the news media where your shop is located.

Sound good? See you this weekend! :)
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I believe there are "no photography" signs posted. You would be committing criminal trespass. Just like if you sneaked in without paying.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Please do! My sales tags clearly have the legal verbiage as tested several times now by agency ou have mentioned ans as stated, price advertised INCLUDES cash discount. If you can not read English., we have translators on duty...
And as far as Ajc, I am unaware of their policy's regarding a chek, only the ones I mentioned, therefore it would have been inappropriate for me to speak on their behalf..got it? Oh and by the way, Mr. Ass wipe Cookie Monster, just as with the kel tec KSG.....anything on my table is TEN TIMES HIGHER for you, exclusively a right you have earned.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I believe there are "no photography" signs posted. You would be committing criminal trespass. Just like if you sneaked in without paying.

Now that you mention it...didn't he brag about sneeking into a gun show without paying sometime back?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I will be buying bulk 7.62x39

And maybe a smith model 13 if the opportunity presents itself
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Too bad a simple post asking about the Market Hall gunshow devolves into personal crusade by an entitlement personallity, who clearly has no experience in operating a merchandising business .  Trolls like cookiemonster556 are annoying and disruptive, both online and in the flesh - he is a waste of time.

Back on topic...we'd like to hear some  GOOD HEARTED stories from Market Hall. Chime in guys and girls.

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#34]
ARFCOM logic:

Quoted:

Please quote the section in criminal trespass that states that if a sign prohibiting any otherwise legal behavior is posted then criminal trespass applies? Or case law?

So if I put a sign in my front yard that says "no blinking" and you blink you can be arrested for trespassing?

And I "snuck in" the Market Hall show by having an exhibitors badge ..... Not my fault if security sucks there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saturday 9-5
Sunday 9-4

Nevermind...just not worth it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I used to live for that show: get there about 6:30, park in front(back when you could), thermos of coffee(several trips to the can at the hotel to the west of there)and the newspaper.
One of bachman's employees would always save a spot for Shawn's porsche, whenever he rolled up!

Now that whole space in front is handicap parking.

These times are achanging.

Times must be good, he is driving a Bentley now.  Saw it the last time I was at his shop.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
ARFCOM logic:

Quoted:

Please quote the section in criminal trespass that states that if a sign prohibiting any otherwise legal behavior is posted then criminal trespass applies? Or case law?

So if I put a sign in my front yard that says "no blinking" and you blink you can be arrested for trespassing?

And I "snuck in" the Market Hall show by having an exhibitors badge ..... Not my fault if security sucks there.

Okay...cookiemonster has admitted to sneaking in to a gunshow as well as, in an earlier post, lying to show officials to steal parking.  I believe these are COC violations...

4) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.
He's posted comments in support of his own cirminal activity.

7) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally. This can include but is not limited to excessive quoting (aka "hourglassing" or quoting 5 or more previous posts,) posting overly large photos or numerous GIF animations, and use of repetative or overly long text strings.
Aside from being embarrassing in general, his continuous bragging about breaking the law and defrauding gunshow officials does harm to our community and firearm enthusiasts in general.

3.Fraudulent practices or attempts to defraud another person or group will be dealt with very seriously.

He has defrauded gunshow officials.  In addition, he's bragging here about using a "hidden camera" against SAWS inc. at a show.  Mr. Schramm has posted here as well.  I believe that cookiemonster's comments are harassing and threatening.  

Cookiemonster is a tremendous embarrassment, and I also believe that he's violating the rules.  I'm asking the moderators to do something about it.  I've never hit the "report" button before, but I'm about to see what it does.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Is 635 still a mess west of 75?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ARFCOM logic:

Quoted:

Okay...cookiemonster has admitted to sneaking in to a gunshow as well as, in an earlier post, lying to show officials to steal parking.  I believe these are COC violations...

4) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

7) Posting topics or discussions that do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally. This can include but is not limited to excessive quoting (aka "hourglassing" or quoting 5 or more previous posts,) posting overly large photos or numerous GIF animations, and use of repetative or overly long text strings.
Aside from being embarrassing in general, his continuous bragging about breaking the law and defrauding gunshow officials does harm to our community and firearm enthusiasts in general.

3.Fraudulent practices or attempts to defraud another person or group will be dealt with very seriously.

He has defrauded gunshow officials.  In addition, he's bragging here about using a "hidden camera" against SAWS inc. at a show.  Mr. Schramm has posted here as well.  I believe that cookiemonster's comments are harassing and threatening.  

Cookiemonster is a tremendous embarrassment, and I also believe that he's violating the rules.  I'm asking the moderators to do something about it.  I've never hit the "report" button before, but I'm about to see what it does.  

Shit just got real!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ARFCOM logic:

Quoted:

He should've been gone a long time ago.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ARFCOM logic:

Quoted:

Your post is so idiotic, I cannot stop laughing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ARFCOM logic:

Quoted:

He should've been gone a long time ago.

Reading his ramblings makes me feel sane and are entertaining. Lets keep him around. He only post in gun show and certain training threads anyway.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
ARFCOM logic:

Quoted:

uhh okay dipshit:

(a)  A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:
(1)  had notice that the entry was forbidden;

The rest of the law clearly assumes that entry can be forbidden on different basis, hence the protection in 30.05 of CHL holders if the basis is that entry with a handgun is prohibited.

You ever seen No Loitering or No Skateboarding signs? It is understood and accepted in place of "Persons are not permitted on this property if they are in possession of item X or engage in activity Y"

Yes, you can put a fucking sign in your yard that says No Blinking. Since everyone who opens their eyes blinks, then you should simply post it No Trespassing or use purple painted posts.

I'm not going to search case law. I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure somebody somewhere has been convicted of trespass because a sign said "no XYZ" or "Members only."

God, you're an idiot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Personal attacks, off topic etc, etc....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top