Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2012 7:27:29 AM EDT
If you have a Cabela's VISA card or you can qualify for one before 7:00 PM tonight you can go to the Allen store at 7:30 and get employee pricing on almost  any in stock item. You have to have the VISA card to get in though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If you have a Cabela's VISA card or you can qualify for one before 7:00 PM tonight you can go to the Allen store at 7:30 and get employee pricing on almost  any in stock item. You have to have the VISA card to get in though.

Do you know what employee pricing discounts are?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know what employee pricing discounts are?

+1, any cabelas employees out there that can give us some expectations?  I just feel it will not be worth while, I am still sore they don't send the $100 off a $500 (even got a $150 off $500 a couple times) purchase that was good on guns out anymore.  I bought a gun at cabelas at least every time they sent those out.  Now the $75 off $500 coupons are not valid on firearm purchases.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been to these events before. The employee price varies from brand to brand. It could be anything from 5-50%, from what I've seen. It sucks that things are not marked and you have to get someone to look up the discount. You seem to get the best deal on Cabelas brand stuff.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Tried this deal before,  not worth it IMO. Cabela's brand clothing etc, very little if any fireams related stuff.    The place will be PACKED.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]
IIRC Firearms are not included.

Also their VISA is not worth it––the VISA company randomly drops your limit (I work at a bank, so I am very conscience of what causes credit limits to go up and down, and needless to say "World's Formost Bank" the company that does Cabela's Visa is a bunch of clowns  hitting random buttons), so if you go to buy a big ticket item––it can be a surprise.  They were nothing but a hassle.  And credit speaking I am a "super prime" customer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I know this is going off topic from the original post but since the timing of the event has passed I'm going to assume it won't get anyone's panties in a wad.  I can't speak to the changing credit limits but the fraud detection people handling my account have been pretty much on the spot.  Two times this year my account has been hijacked and they were right on top of it.  Whatever algorithims they are running seem to be doing a good job.  And they were easy to deal with regarding the clean up from the fraudulent charges.  So, I'll keep my Cabelas card.  I like earning money to spend there for buying stuff that I'm going to buy anyway (gas, groceries, clothes, etc.).

By the way, did anyone take adavantage of the employee pricing event?  If so, how was it?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know this is going off topic from the original post but since the timing of the event has passed I'm going to assume it won't get anyone's panties in a wad.  I can't speak to the changing credit limits but the fraud detection people handling my account have been pretty much on the spot.  Two times this year my account has been hijacked and they were right on top of it.  Whatever algorithims they are running seem to be doing a good job.  And they were easy to deal with regarding the clean up from the fraudulent charges.  So, I'll keep my Cabelas card.  I like earning money to spend there for buying stuff that I'm going to buy anyway (gas, groceries, clothes, etc.).

By the way, did anyone take adavantage of the employee pricing event?  If so, how was it?

I went to purchase a new stereo receiver and ended up getting a TV.  Knowing that I hadn't purchased this type of merchandise on the card, I expected them to want to have me confirm but instead they denied my purchase.  I used another card but then called the bank to straighten out and their advice was to give them a call BEFORE I walked into the store,  which I think is backwards and don't know why they couldn't clear it up when at the register.  I haven't had any problems since but I also haven't purchased any TVs.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#8]
They are supposed to have an after Thanksgiving sale. I don't spend money at Cabelas. Everything there is pricey to begin with. Usually, a sale just brings prices down to normal levels. Their firearm prices can get jacked up sometimes. I once saw a used Springfield GI model for $799. I get better deals through online classifieds and a couple of local stores.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to one of these a couple of years ago...massive cluster F***.  Store was lots more crowded than normal...like when there is a major weekend event with PigMan or something similar.

As mentioned, the discount varied, but almost nothing had the discounts marked.  You had to take it to the register or one of SMALL handfull of employees, scattered through-out the store, with a price gun.  The lines we ridiculous.   I will never go to another.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Wife unit works there (EMTAmy).  I've purchased quite a bit from them, and as stated, the discounts vary from product to product.  The largest discount is with Accessories and their brand named items.  we've done a few firearms, but as stated I research the employee price and compare it with the others out there.  The other place to check for discounts is the Bargain Cave as they are not allowed to return product to shelves after it was purchased.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:06:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I tried to call and ask what the discount was on a yeti. They said, they could only say it would be between 0-20%, and would not look it up
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:22:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I tried to call and ask what the discount was on a yeti. They said, they could only say it would be between 0-20%, and would not look it up

Take the chance!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#13]
She looked it up for us and the most expensive one was only a $60 discount.  There isn't much of a markup on the high dollar items.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tried this deal before,  not worth it IMO. Cabela's brand clothing etc, very little if any fireams related stuff.    The place will be PACKED.

Was there for the 16th.  

Gun prices were seemed to be good.  Sig .45-.22 was marked $409.  Employee price was $377.  Not spectacular but not bad.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top