Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2012 11:03:22 AM EDT
and all I can say is WTF everything was so expensive.  Colt M4  $1,300   WASR 10/63 $700's!  YUGO PAP $799!  surplus AK mags from $15 to $25!   FN2000   2k something!    Steyr AUG A3 2k something.  But I'm so glad that I could feel the steyr aug A3 and the FN 2000 in my hands because I have been interested in these 2 and I found the FN2000 has a balance weight and steyr has more weight on the back.  I went out there with 2 AK mags ($15 each). WTF
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report.  I was going to go today, but decided to go shooting instead.

I don't suppose you noticed any good revolver or lever gun deals?

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thanks for the report.  I was going to go today, but decided to go shooting instead.

I don't suppose you noticed any good revolver or lever gun deals?

I didn't pay to much attention to handguns or revolvers but I know they have a lots of handguns and I'm sure there should have revolvers as well. You should go tomorrow, I think they open at 10:00am tomorrow. I suggest you to go early because it gets full and parking as well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I quit going to gun shows to look at new gun prices. You can get new guns from Buds.

Go to the shows to buy used guns and other gun stuff.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
That doesn't come as a surprise. Gun shows are generally overpriced and kind of a joke. I like going more to see guns that my local dealers don't carry. I like being able to handle them and examine them in person. The entry fee, in my mind, is a premium that you pay for that access. Some dealers will offer a cash discount and some of those are very reasonable. Then there is always the guy with boiled WW2 1911s going for $3999.99.

There are some deals to be had by people looking to sell their personal firearms. Dealers offer shit pricing on personal firearms (because they intend to resell) and you can counter-offer your way into some nice deals. I also like to take my AR for show. It gives people a chance to see and learn about quality gear (I'm happy to answer questions). I'm amused when dealers ask me if I'm selling it. No thanks, buddy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That doesn't come as a surprise. Gun shows are generally overpriced and kind of a joke. I like going more to see guns that my local dealers don't carry. I like being able to handle them and examine them in person. The entry fee, in my mind, is a premium that you pay for that access. Some dealers will offer a cash discount and some of those are very reasonable. Then there is always the guy with boiled WW2 1911s going for $3999.99.

There are some deals to be had by people looking to sell their personal firearms. Dealers offer shit pricing on personal firearms (because they intend to resell) and you can counter-offer your way into some nice deals. I also like to take my AR for show. It gives people a chance to see and learn about quality gear (I'm happy to answer questions). I'm amused when dealers ask me if I'm selling it. No thanks, buddy.

Don't forget, dealers get to go to everyone else's tables on Friday night and pick the good deals.

Another fun part of the show is seeing what people bring in to sell. That's where the really good deals are. I got a $200 S&W 66 and a $125 buckmark one time, and an $800 Citori.

The thing is really being flexible on what you buy. If you want one specific thing cheap, you might go to 20 shows before you find it, and if it's current production, and ar15.com vendor probably has it already for you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
the cartels are willing to pay that kind of money for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top