Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2012 9:46:40 AM EDT
Just moved to Tomball and am trying to find some work, I am a disabled vet with a couple things on my background. No convictions, just arrest that were dropped in court. (Spiteful ex wife tried screwing me)

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just moved to Tomball and am trying to find some work, I am a disabled vet with a couple things on my background. No convictions, just arrest that were dropped in court. (Spiteful ex wife tried screwing me)

If you weren't convicted then there is no reason to even mention it unless you are specifically asked (like on a CHL app).  Most employers only care about convictions, I've never had one ask about arrests.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Check with Accent Wire right there in Tomball (also Spring).  HD Supply White Cap in Conroe (also N Houston, among others).  HD Supply Electrical in Conroe, also other HD Supply locations in the area.

Both great companies.  Accent is a family owned business, dealing in baling wire (used for recycling industry mainly) and building materials.

HD Supply is a big wholesale/retail company, nationwide (couple international).  Several different lines of business dealing with different areas (electrical, hvac, construction materials, etc).

I work for a division of HD Supply, always job openings somewhere in the company, be it sales, warehouse, purchasing, office, etc.

And let me know if you apply at either, can give you a name for both as a referer
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you weren't convicted then there is no reason to even mention it unless you are specifically asked (like on a CHL app).  Most employers only care about convictions, I've never had one ask about arrests.

Just trying to be completely honest with the community here.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Check with Accent Wire right there in Tomball (also Spring).  HD Supply White Cap in Conroe (also N Houston, among others).  HD Supply Electrical in Conroe, also other HD Supply locations in the area.

Both great companies.  Accent is a family owned business, dealing in baling wire (used for recycling industry mainly) and building materials.

HD Supply is a big wholesale/retail company, nationwide (couple international).  Several different lines of business dealing with different areas (electrical, hvac, construction materials, etc).

I work for a division of HD Supply, always job openings somewhere in the company, be it sales, warehouse, purchasing, office, etc.

And let me know if you apply at either, can give you a name for both as a referer

Thanks, I will definitely look into those!
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough for here –– but when dealing with employers you can be completely honest without putting out more than is necessary.  Don't screw yourself out of opportunities by raising questions that aren't asked.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough for here –– but when dealing with employers you can be completely honest without putting out more than is necessary.  Don't screw yourself out of opportunities by raising questions that aren't asked.

Oh yeah definitely not, anytime it ask on an application it ask about convictions and I always answer no. I just figure I am gunna be spending a long time on this forum and probably meeting some of yall at get togethers and such, dont want to lie about anything to anyone.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Craig's list is a good place to start. Not sure what kind of work your looking for, but there are a few listed in that area.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]
What kind of work?

I know of a place in Navasota that is hiring industrial mechanics and electricians.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Shoot me an IM of your work history.  I will see what I can do.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:22:52 AM EDT
[#10]
If you have mechanical/electrical experience or any in the oil field, my employer is always hiring.(we have our manufacturing/warehouse in Magnolia, and corporate office off FM1960).

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:03:28 AM EDT
[#11]
www.uhs.com

We're always hiring drivers and technicians for the Houston district.  Good company and great employees.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top