Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2012 3:05:09 PM EDT
Anyone in the North DFW area (Frisco) know anything about diagnosing fridge issues?  I've got a kegerator (dorm-fridge type setup) that I noticed yesterday wasn't very cold, and opened it up to a icy freezer plate inside.  I knocked the majority of that ice off and things went back to cold for about a day, and now I'm back to a luke-warm fridge situation again.

I can hear things cycle/run a few times an hour and haven't heard any unusual/clunky sounds.  

Any ideas from the hive?  I know we have some HVAC guys around, so I'm hoping I can pick a brain or two and get this thing sorted out.  I've got the better part of a keg of Deep Ellum IPA sitting here, should anyone feel that a site-visit is necessary
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not familiar with the setup you described, but if there is a coil iced up it will cause warmer than desired air flow.
In this case, something is not allowing a regular defrost cycle to occur.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
An iced-up freezer plate often means that the freon level is a tad low.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
An iced-up freezer plate often means that the freon level is a tad low.

Thanks for the tip - I ended up re-defrosting again, this time with a hair dryer  to get the back of the plate clear of ice.  So far it's working better but I suspect you're probably right about the low freon.  Appreciate the tips guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top