Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 10:13:46 AM EDT
I am going to be in town for a few days so I figured I would look around for a belated Christmas present.

Also, any good pawn shops would be something I would like to check out.

Thanks
Dolomite
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, there is Dury's and Nagel's.

If you are going to be here this weekend, there is the Saxet Gun Show.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#2]
They're all pretty crappy. Just drive up to Austin.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah, there are those two. Let them rest unmolested.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, there are those two. Let them rest unmolested.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on what you want to look at.
The Powder Horn is my favorite gun store.
Nagels has the most stuff,kinda neat, but the reason they have so much stuff is the price.
Dury's is good but they close at 12 on Saturday so it makes getting to them when they are open hard.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Hit up the pawn shops for the deals. Dury's and Nagel's are most expensive. Powderhorn sometimes has good deals on used guns. But DO NOT go to any of them to sell your guns unless you want to get bottom dollar offers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
You're in town?

You need to head on over to Twin Peaks off of IH10 and De Zavala.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You're in town?

You need to head on over to Twin Peaks off of IH10 and De Zavala.

Are we still talking about gun shops
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
twin peaks sound like a good place to start.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for Twin Peaks
+1 for Powderhorn
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#11]
My vote is for the powder horn

Great people have been going there for years I don't think you will find better customer service in town
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Dup. Sorry
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been to most of them in town. Dury's and Powderhorn were the best. Nagel's has a ton of shit, felt like I would die im there if a fire broke out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I vote nagels,

durys has given me nothing but problems and encouraged me to drive to another store.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#15]
So I stopped by the Powder Horn.

Great bunch of guys and prices were fair compared to Tennessee. Some prices are cheaper here while others are cheaper there. The selection is absolutely amazing, especially the reloading supplies. In listening how they dealt with numerous customers I understand why they have such a great following.

We stood and talked a little bit about the differences between Texas and Tennessee. They were pretty amazed that the Walmart stores in Tennessee sell tactical firearms like Sig 556's and AR's.

Dolomite
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad you had a good time.
I was surprised last year when working in Arkansas that some walmarts carry reloading supplies.

If you are in town this weekend, you might want to check out the gun show.

Saxet Gun Show
San Antonio Events Center
8111 Meadow Leaf
San Antonio, TX

Located at: NW Loop 410 & Marbach Rd.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:02:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Glad you had a good time.
I was surprised last year when working in Arkansas that some walmarts carry reloading supplies.

If you are in town this weekend, you might want to check out the gun show.

Saxet Gun Show
San Antonio Events Center
8111 Meadow Leaf
San Antonio, TX

Located at: NW Loop 410 & Marbach Rd.

My son, who just graduated from Air Force basic, and I are going to be hitting that show as well. We seen it as we were driving around. It has been 22 years since I was in San Antonio last. I lived here in the 80's and things have changed so much.

Dolomite
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Avoid Nagels, overpriced and they don't really like to help people

The Powderhorn has good prices and the staff is nice but the store is small and the selection is rather small IMHO

I usually go to Dury's since its close to my house and I really like the staff and selection, but their prices are a bit higher than other places but they will wiggle on the prices especially on the used stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top