Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 10:37:13 AM EDT
Hi all:

Friend from TX wants to buy my RDIAS and I'm talking him through the transfer proceedure.

Need to know, will either the Bexar county Sherriff or the San Antonio Chief do signoffs or are they political hacks and he needs a trust?

THANKS!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Go trust route.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#2]
From my experience no sheriff or CLEO will sign period in this state.  Yes it is gun friendly but he will need a trust.  My brother in law who is a cop couldn't een get them to sign off on one so he could get a SBR to carry in his patrol car...  They approved him to carry it but they won't sign off for it
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]
No CLEO in this state?????  Not hardly, I have had them signed and the sheriff in Travis County has signed 3 for me in the past few years.  And I am just a normal yoyo, no connections.,  Now Bexar County I have "heard" is different and he should go the trust route.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Trust, its easier that way trust me
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No CLEO in this state?????  Not hardly, I have had them signed and the sheriff in Travis County has signed 3 for me in the past few years.  And I am just a normal yoyo, no connections.,  Now Bexar County I have "heard" is different and he should go the trust route.

Same here in Palo Pinto County. My sheriff has zero problem signing off for people with a clean background check.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#6]
New Braunfels Police Chief will sign as well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hi all:

Friend from TX wants to buy my RDIAS and I'm talking him through the transfer proceedure.

Need to know, will either the Bexar county Sherriff or the San Antonio Chief do signoffs or are they political hacks and he needs a trust?

THANKS!!

AFAIK they will sign for certain items, which ones I don't know.  Tell him to try, first, before spending money on trusts or LLC's.  Worst case scenario, go trust or LLC and you get your toy anyway.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Travis County Sheriff is a Democrat, too, right?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I was at a gun store once, talking to a police officer who is also part of the shooting team, he said he was trying to get a sign off on an SBR, and they wouldn't even do it for him... Trusts are the only way...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Travis County sheriff is a Democrat.  And I will certainly vote for him again.  Drop off paperwork, couple weeks, get a call to come get the signed form.  Very efficient process.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Bexar county SO will sign off on SBR,AOW I know this for fact.

Will NOT sign FA and Suppressor
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I do a lot of trust for bear county residents.

Don't think he signs for much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top