Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/2/2012 7:35:39 AM EDT
So I had a female friend in need who didn't have a place to so like a Dummy I let her move in thinking it would only be awhile , the house I'm staying in is my brothers old rental house that he can't sell so I have no lease I'm just his guest

Well she went mental on me when I told her she needed to leave and she told me that she didn't like that I raised my voice to her and made a threat to call the police. Needless to say I didn't need police drama while I'm undergoing a government security check so I left last week.

I was a LEO years ago but I haven't kept up with anything. I just want her to Vacate a ASAP

Any Ideas??

And Yeah I know I should have got something in writing It was very stupid of me and it looks like I will be paying for that.

SHES IS GONE..... GONE...... GONE......
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Bring home another girl.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Naked, sitting in a beanbag chair, eating Cheetos should do the trick!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#3]
If you can't get her to leave on her own, you will need to evict her.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And she calls the police saying he attempted to rape her.

Psycho chicks are psycho.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your not kidding I had to deal with them all the time when I was a police officer, Now I'm just going to have to move out i guess and sue her for any damages
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#6]
better do something quick before she tries to pull some squatter BS
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#7]
If the house is owned by your brother, he'll have to order her to leave, verbally and in writing via certified, signature required mail.   It's a long process in Texas for an eviction, and the sooner it's started the faster she's out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If the house is owned by your brother, he'll have to order her to leave, verbally and in writing via certified, signature required mail.   It's a long process in Texas for an eviction, and the sooner it's started the faster she's out.

Yeah I figure things didn't change much. I talked to my brother and he said just to get my stuff and leave, he has renters insurance and he can get movers to clean out the house - her stuff while shes at work.

Then I guess we will cut off all utilities and let her sit in the dark
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its sad isnt it? All a woman has to do is make an accusation and you are toast.
Its even worse with the psycho ones because they are goooood at that game.
You end up being a prisoner because our legal and courts system will throw the book at you even over false accusations so long as they are made by the female persuasion.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#10]
start fapping it in the living room every chance you get... record it for video proof you didn;t try to rape her in the trial that will ensue!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Is she paying rent?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Not any more
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#13]

I don't know those laws but it seems that if she isn't paying rent eviction wouldn't apply. Maybe squatter laws?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Change the locks and leave her shit on the lawn.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Change the locks and leave her shit on the lawn.

Trust me I wish I could
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#16]
What about criminal trespass warning?

Jester
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I figure things didn't change much. I talked to my brother and he said just to get my stuff and leave, he has renters insurance and he can get movers to clean out the house - her stuff while shes at work.

Then I guess we will cut off all utilities and let her sit in the dark

This is actually a good idea. Shut off electricity and water. Then report someone living there to the code enforcement dept. in your city.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I'm going in tomorrow when she is a t work She is supposed to move out Weds. All of my guns are gone but being a Ammo whore ,its tough to move all that, its locked in a storage room in the house
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Rent the place out to a family of 30 illegals, let them deal with her.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#20]
She has rights under the law regardless of who likes it.  By letting her live there you potentially established a landlord tenant relationship, and she can make someone's life miserable and expensive for changing locks, removing her property, or shutting off utilities.  I am not an attorney, but I would certainly consult with one before I took any action other than just letting her leave.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
She has rights under the law regardless of who likes it.  By letting her live there you potentially established a landlord tenant relationship, and she can make someone's life miserable and expensive for changing locks, removing her property, or shutting off utilities.  I am not an attorney, but I would certainly consult with one before I took any action other than just letting her leave.

txinvestigator's advice is good (as usual).  From people I know who own rental property rying to get rid of people the wrong way can be a messy and full of hassles, and going about it the wrong way can make the mess much worse.

It is truly sad that the lazy freeloaders of the world often have more rights than the hard working.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Maybe there is a landlord/tenant relationship but I doubt the law would force anyone to pay her utilities for her.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#23]
23 posts and nobody has asked for pictures to size up the psycho in the roommate?  And what would the benefit be for a single guy allowing a female friend to squat with him?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Maybe there is a landlord/tenant relationship but I doubt the law would force anyone to pay her utilities for her.
No, but if she was allowed to move in with utilities included, cutting them off because of a disagreement could be problematic for the landlord.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've been in this situation as well as friends.  If she is recieving mail at that adress she has certain rights under the law, even though she's not paying rent.
I bet she has a key too, which is a friendly gesture on your part but that also says she's a legal resident and can't be kicked out like some vagrant intruder.

A chick I met who was always at my house took it upon herself to make a duplicate key so she could let herself in.  I didn't think much of it at the time but it was a tactical move on her part and a big mistake on mine.  Cops said she had as much right there as I did.  Only way I could finally get her to leave was I told her I was broke.  

IIRC there may be a time period too that says if she has been there a certain number of weeks you can't just boot her without going through the eviction process.
Watch your property too, particulary jewelry, computer and music CDs as when they do leave it usually is more than what they came with.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah going back in the AM to check the house I think she may have broke into my storage but I put so much junk in the path to the ammo maybe she hasn't messed with it

By the way she is a 40 W/F 5 ft 170lbs  It was just to offset my rent as I work out of the country.

My next door neighbor is keeping a eye out but he can only see big things, Not the number of little things in the house
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So I had a female friend in need who didn't have a place to so like a Dummy I let her move in thinking it would only be awhile , the house I'm staying in is my brothers old rental house that he can't sell so I have no lease I'm just his guest

Well she went mental on me when I told her she needed to leave and she told me that she didn't like that I raised my voice to her and made a threat to call the police. Needless to say I didn't need police drama while I'm undergoing a government security check so I left last week.

I was a LEO years ago but I haven't kept up with anything. I just want her to Vacate a ASAP

Any Ideas??

And Yeah I know I should have got something in writing It was very stupid of me and it looks like I will be paying for that.

Evict her with civil court.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Call a cleaner
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Any Ideas??

I will catch shit for saying this.  Get a hotel room, do not be alone with her.  Get a lawyer and get her ass evicted.  Do not let her have a chance to say you pulled anything.  It's hard to get someone evicted while your sitting in jail.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Contact your county Justice of the Peace/Constable's office and follow their advice to the letter. Don't just call them, show up in person.You'll be amazed how much that helps later on.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#31]
ETA - never mind, probably bad advice.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:51:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
23 posts and nobody has asked for pictures to size up the psycho in the roommate?  And what would the benefit be for a single guy allowing a female friend to squat with him?

This isn't GD.

Note to self: make them sign a contract. Make them sign a contract. Make them sign a contract...
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:48:17 AM EDT
[#33]
You could let me move in...She wouldn't last two weeks!

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You could let me move in...She wouldn't last two weeks!

lulz

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#35]
We could have a gun cleaning party. Someone buy a 5 gal bucket of hopps #9 and we all start cleaning. The wife says she can't stand the smell of that stuff everytime I come from my reload room after cleaning. I bet 20 guys with 2-4 guns a piece would do the job.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Throw a party and hire a bunch of hot strippers?

Seriously call a laywer now, if you were getting rent checks from her you can't just change the locks.  Get a video camera and start taking pictures of everything.  People being evicted will take anything not nailed down and sometimes even stuff that's nailed down.  I've seen toilets stolen, cement poured in the drains, carpet ripped out.  It can get ugly quick, get her out ASAP.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been in this situation as well as friends.  If she is recieving mail at that adress she has certain rights under the law, even though she's not paying rent.
I bet she has a key too, which is a friendly gesture on your part but that also says she's a legal resident and can't be kicked out like some vagrant intruder.

A chick I met who was always at my house took it upon herself to make a duplicate key so she could let herself in.  I didn't think much of it at the time but it was a tactical move on her part and a big mistake on mine.  Cops said she had as much right there as I did.  Only way I could finally get her to leave was I told her I was broke.  

IIRC there may be a time period too that says if she has been there a certain number of weeks you can't just boot her without going through the eviction process.
Watch your property too, particulary jewelry, computer and music CDs as when they do leave it usually is more than what they came with.

This is funny b/c I lived with a psycho (lease in her name) and we got into it once.  Cops told me even though that address was on my driver's license that I had to leave b/c I wasn't on the lease.  I had to sue her to get everything back besides about 3 days of work clothes that the cops made her bring out to me.  What a mess.  Even trying to get an apartment was difficult b/c I couldn't verify where I was before b/c I wasn't on a lease.

I also wanted to break a lease and move out on another psycho I was dating (see a trend?) and basically had to get her to sign off that I was no longer on the lease.  She wouldn't which prevented me from renting anywhere else.  Well, I had to stop paying my half of the rent until she panicked over being evicted and bailed.  I had been socking away $ for the rent so I made everything good w/ the management, but again, a real mess.

After that, I ALWAYS kept an apartment whether or not I actually spent any time there.  I could always use it for storage or toys I don't want "her" to know about.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is funny b/c I lived with a psycho (lease in her name) and we got into it once.  Cops told me even though that address was on my driver's license that I had to leave b/c I wasn't on the lease.  I had to sue her to get everything back besides about 3 days of work clothes that the cops made her bring out to me.  What a mess.  Even trying to get an apartment was difficult b/c I couldn't verify where I was before b/c I wasn't on a lease.
Was this in Texas?  It matters not who is on a lease.  Infact, the LEOs should not even care about a lease as they can be amended and updated, and they have no way of knowing if they are being shown the current lease.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was this in Texas?  It matters not who is on a lease.  Infact, the LEOs should not even care about a lease as they can be amended and updated, and they have no way of knowing if they are being shown the current lease.  

Yes, Houston and it's suburbs.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Dude simple she went psycho and threatened you with the cops...  If you like being able to use your guns you might want to jump before she does.  I have seen to many women file false protective orders to get  you to do what they want and your screwed good luck fighting that one...  All she has to do is say you threatened her and your toast can't come within 200 feet of your own property and you still foot the bill...  Its a whopping 45 bucks to have her evicted and its almost free to file a protective order and or a restraining order.  I don't care how close of friends you were she is black mailing you with the old psycho SWF trash talk.  Get it done ASAP before you lose your 2nd amendment rights man...
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#41]
You post a 30 day eviction notice all over the place and after those 30 boot her ass! We had a issue with a room mate who was stealing from the house. Got in contact with the police and that is the Texas law.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dude simple she went psycho and threatened you with the cops...  If you like being able to use your guns you might want to jump before she does.  I have seen to many women file false protective orders to get  you to do what they want and your screwed good luck fighting that one...  All she has to do is say you threatened her and your toast can't come within 200 feet of your own property and you still foot the bill...  Its a whopping 45 bucks to have her evicted and its almost free to file a protective order and or a restraining order.  I don't care how close of friends you were she is black mailing you with the old psycho SWF trash talk.  Get it done ASAP before you lose your 2nd amendment rights man...

I'm sorry, I don't know why that struck me as hilarious.

A buddy met some chick online and fell in love with her, telling me how great she was, had two degrees, owned horses, liked to fish, great pesonality and good looking to boot.  Other friends and I were wondering how he was able to land such a perfect woman.  He loaded up all his stuff and followed her to OK to live with her on her horse property.  Life was great until he found out she was sleeping with her Oakie ex.  When she came back home he raised hell and started packing his stuff, meanwhile she leaves, goes back to her ex who slapped her around and took photos ( I can't make this stuff up).  She returned to where my friend was loading his trailer and called the cops and had him arrested for domestic abuse with the marks to prove it, even saying he head butted her. While he's in an Oklahoma jail with no one to call to bail him out she and the ex hauled his stuff off and sold it, including his guns.  She still has a restraining order on him.  I haven't talked to him since the first of deer season as he's moved back to Texas and not sure how he's going about recovering his stolen property. Too Jerry Springer for me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yeah going back in the AM to check the house I think she may have broke into my storage but I put so much junk in the path to the ammo maybe she hasn't messed with it

By the way she is a 40 W/F 5 ft 170lbs  It was just to offset my rent as I work out of the country.

My next door neighbor is keeping a eye out but he can only see big things, Not the number of little things in the house

How was it today?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Good news!! She had movers come over at 7:30pm ,they finished at around 9pm. I stayed at my neighbors and watched. We both walked  over and looked and she threatened to call the police, I said go ahead or i could call them .

I walked back to the neighbors to continue to watch the move, so far the only thing missing is a queen sized headboard, I will know more tomorrow.

I'm still making at trip to the JP office to protect myself, but hopefully its all over!

Thanks for all the help
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Change the locks as soon as she is out.
In fact, get the new Schlage lockset. They are making a set that makes it easy to just change keys without taking the lockset in or calling a locksmith.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:30:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:21:04 AM EDT
[#48]

WOW.  I would probably have to exercise my right to the use of deadly force to prevent the loss of my property.  No different that breaking in to burglarize in the middle of the night IMO.  I just can't comprehend how low some people slime will go.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A buddy met some chick online and fell in love with her, telling me how great she was, had two degrees, owned horses, liked to fish, great pesonality and good looking to boot.  Other friends and I were wondering how he was able to land such a perfect woman.  He loaded up all his stuff and followed her to OK to live with her on her horse property.  Life was great until he found out she was sleeping with her Oakie ex.  When she came back home he raised hell and started packing his stuff, meanwhile she leaves, goes back to her ex who slapped her around and took photos ( I can't make this stuff up).  She returned to where my friend was loading his trailer and called the cops and had him arrested for domestic abuse with the marks to prove it, even saying he head butted her. While he's in an Oklahoma jail with no one to call to bail him out she and the ex hauled his stuff off and sold it, including his guns.  She still has a restraining order on him.  I haven't talked to him since the first of deer season as he's moved back to Texas and not sure how he's going about recovering his stolen property. Too Jerry Springer for me.

That's enough for any man to contemplate murder in my opinion.
Jeez, what a terrible story.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know this isnt GD but ive bolded the problem. At the very mention of the word "horses" unless it is preceeded by "I hate", you should run very very fast and very far. If you met her online you might set your computer on fire just to be safe.

Glad things seemed to work out OP

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top