Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2011 7:05:13 AM EDT
My step dad has a couple that he killed. He put them in the freezer, but none of his local taxidermists want them. They'll go to waste in the next couple of weeks.

If you are in the Austin, SA or Uvalde area and would like them, let me know and you can have them.

J
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, I wish I had seen this yesterday as I was driving thru there.  Need one for my pheasant mount.  Any chance you could keep the best one till new years weekend?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, could prolly do that. Whereabouts are you located?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Houston, but I will be in Gruene over new years.  Could pick it up on my way home.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm in Houston, but I will be in Gruene over new years.  Could pick it up on my way home.

It's in a Freezer in Uvalde, and can brought to Austin. Meeting in SA might be interesting if you don't live there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#5]
My buddy is in Fburg right now.  Might have him pick both of them up.  PM me your cell number.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My step dad has a couple that he killed. He put them in the freezer, but none of his local taxidermists want them. They'll go to waste in the next couple of weeks.

If you are in the Austin, SA or Uvalde area and would like them, let me know and you can have them.

J

You got a story that goes with that and where killed?  Scoring a dbl. on a pair of kitties is not easy.  Only time I've heard of it happening was a friend's father doing it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn...last Bobcats I trapped, the hides sold for around 300 bucks each. That's been some years ago and they were haired out for winter, but I'd check it out.

Looks like they may be worth up to 110 bucks each, unskinned...depending on quality.

http://www.kanoklafurco.com/2011/11/prices-2010-2011.html
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

J

You got a story that goes with that and where killed?  Scoring a dbl. on a pair of kitties is not easy.  Only time I've heard of it happening was a friend's father doing it.

Killed on back to back nights. Nothing special, just called both of them in. Local livestock (chicken/goats) was the attraction.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Damn...last Bobcats I trapped, the hides sold for around 300 bucks each. That's been some years ago and they were haired out for winter, but I'd check it out.

Looks like they may be worth up to 110 bucks each, unskinned...depending on quality.

http://www.kanoklafurco.com/2011/11/prices-2010-2011.html

These were shot. I'm sure the trappers would scoff...
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Am I the only one who thought about these fist?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top