Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2011 4:28:46 AM EDT
are there any good places to buy AR mags and Ammo from other than ordering it?  All the places online I go to are almost all sold out of mags.  So are there any good local places to go and pick some of this stuff up at that are local?

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:45:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Try primaryarms.com for mags, I think they are in Pearland....  For ammo in Houston area, I don't know.

I get most of my ammo from aimsurplus, wideners, or palmettostatearmory.  Aim and palmetto state has a pretty good desal on Federal xm193 right now.  If you want m855, check out the prvi at palmetto state.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was buying ammo, I reload now, I usually ordered bulk online.  If I needed a small quantity quickly I usually went to Academy.  Not a sure bet anymore.  Again I usually order mags online depending on what I need and how quickly and how many.  

Fountain Firearms is on highway 6 north of Sugar Land.  SOG Armory is just off the beltway (8) just south of highway 59.  There also is a new store on 59 south near Bissonnet but I haven't been there yet so I can't address cost and availability.  There's also Carter Country.  Fairly good inventory but not the cheapest prices.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/.

They are located in Brenham.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

this is an excellent company. they have more ammo than almost any other website that ive dealt with and the prices are great. The service is absolutely outstanding and they have more inventory than any gunstore that i have ever been in.

I have had one experience with fountain firearms and i will never set foot in that place again.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:39:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Went there last week, pretty impressive, the parking lot was packed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Jim Pruetts Guns and Ammo on Huffmeister just north of 290 should have something. They are a little pricey though but have some really neat toys to look at. Also there is a place called Tactical Firearms on Mason Rd south of I-10 in Katy. Give them a call before going because they have kinda of a small shop. I'm afraid I don't have their number either.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Jim Pruetts Guns and Ammo on Huffmeister just north of 290 should have something. They are a little pricey though but have some really neat toys to look at. Also there is a place called Tactical Firearms on Mason Rd south of I-10 in Katy. Give them a call before going because they have kinda of a small shop. I'm afraid I don't have their number either.

Tactical Firearms is where my wife shipped my AR to when she ordered it for me for Christmas.  Comes recommended to me from another friend who likes guns.  I havent been in there yet but it seems that their shop doesnt hold very much, but again looks may be decieving.  Looks like I just need to do some driving around looking at whats out there and try to find some good deals on parts and ammo.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

this place looks promising for ammo.  I will drag my wife out there so she can parttake in my AR obsession
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this place looks promising for ammo.  I will drag my wife out there so she can parttake in my AR obsession

On your way back hit up Junior's Smokehouse in Hempstead.  You won't be sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top