Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 5:53:29 AM EDT
Me and my girlfriend attended the Uproar festival sunday in the woodlands.

GREAT show by the way.

So we arrive back at my car to find a montgomery county sheriff hovering around my car with his flashlight out.
As i get closer i can see that my rear drivers side window is smashed in.

Looks like they smashed in the back window just above the lock, popped the lock and tried to open the door,
when the alarm system went off they ran. Cowards.

Nothing was stolen or missing, My Carry weapon was locked in the glove box. My Girlfriends purse was in the backseat on the floor
But im not sure anyone could have seen it because my windows are very very dark tinted.

Just a little heads up to anyone in the area or attending a concert at the woodlands.
Lock up your shit and keep things out of view.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about your ordeal  i hate thieves  

Just a thought or two.
Why your car over all the others?
A carpet colored towel or two will hide almost anything.
Under a seat hides better.
The car alarm worked!  Good job.
Consider a "truck gun". IE a cheap serviceable gun you would not mind having stolen.
A $1000.00 kimber would break my heart. A $150.00 mosberg 12 gauge, not so much.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Me and my girlfriend attended the Uproar festival sunday in the woodlands.

GREAT show by the way.

So we arrive back at my car to find a montgomery county sheriff hovering around my car with his flashlight out.
As i get closer i can see that my rear drivers side window is smashed in.

Looks like they smashed in the back window just above the lock, popped the lock and tried to open the door,
when the alarm system went off they ran. Cowards.

Nothing was stolen or missing, My Carry weapon was locked in the glove box. My Girlfriends purse was in the backseat on the floor
But im not sure anyone could have seen it because my windows are very very dark tinted.

Just a little heads up to anyone in the area or attending a concert at the woodlands.
Lock up your shit and keep things out of view

That advice goes pretty much everywhere.
They were after the purse. NEVER leave anything of value out where it can be seen.
I'm really surprised that they ran from the alarm.
I'm glad they didn't get your piece.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate thieves.  The penalty for breaking into someone's car like this should be castration.  Or maybe just hanging.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#5]
There's no crime in The Woodlands
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
For Christ Sakes people don't leave purses and shit in your car.  Theives have it down.  They don't see a female leave with a purse chances are it's in the car.  The vast majority of car burglaries happen because people leave valuables in the car.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just a thought or two.
Consider a "truck gun". IE a cheap serviceable gun you would not mind having stolen.
A $1000.00 kimber would break my heart. A $150.00 mosberg 12 gauge, not so much.

fucking brilliant dude, please PLEASE leave a loaded firearm in your car unsecured at all times as an offering to car thieves so it will be easier for them to access a firearm and shoot me square in the face on my next traffic stop.

but please do make it a cheap 12 guage shotgun and not a $1000 dollar kimber, your financial investment is more important than my safety

also, how useful do you think an SKS, 12 guage shotgun, or cheap AK will be to you in a car jacking scenario? You're more likely to get ambushed and carjacked by a crackhead with a brick or chunk of curb concrete before you access that large firearm while buckled into the drivers seat.

but hey, while you're at it, you should also hide cheap loaded pistols in every room of the house, that way you can dive for a gun under the couch cushion when you get lucky enough to be the victim of an armed home invasion.

Seriously though, grown up talk now.

You should only carry as many guns with you on your daily travels as you can reliably secure and reasonably expect to use. For 99% of the public thats one pistol on your body and a car safe, car alarm, and kill switch. If you work on a ranch in kingsville or nuevo laredo or something then i could see carrying a long arm. At any rate, any firearm you own should either be kept in sight at all times or locked by a secure means.

case in point, the new burglary motor vehicle trend in houston for theives right now is waiting at a gas station for people to get out on the drivers side to pump gas, while you're distracted and the doors are unlocked, the thief opens your passengers side door and grabs a handful of whatever he can and then runs away quick.
These people are stealing stuff from out of cars while the owners basically watch.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 2:44:00 AM EDT
[#8]
HKUSP9 LMAO you gotta be a cop.

Point well stated though, and very true.

OP Get a car safe for your vehicles. I use a tuffy underseat drawer to lock up my weapon when I cant take it with me. When I get back in the car it goes back on my hip.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just a thought or two.

Didn't you have several guns stolen out of your truck several years back at a houston crew meeting?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Please don't leave guns in your car unless its in a box bolted to the car folks.

Cables can be cut with, cable-cutters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top