Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 8:47:51 AM EDT
I have an Arizona Conceal Carry Permit which is valid in Texas, so i will be carrying concealed which i shouldn't have a problem with. But I will also have an AK-47 in my trunk what laws should I be aware of? (I'm going to a small town near Dallas)
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have an Arizona Conceal Carry Permit which is valid in Texas, so i will be carrying concealed which i shouldn't have a problem with. But I will also have an AK-47 in my trunk what laws should I be aware of? (I'm going to a small town near Dallas)

As long as its not NFA, the AK is fine in your trunk. If it is NFA, you should already know what to do there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, so as far as I'm read I'm 100% legal. Now that I have that covered the town I'm going to is called Aledo, is there anywhere to shoot around there?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as its not NFA, the AK is fine in your trunk. If it is NFA, you should already know what to do there.

Whats NFA? it is a semi auto if that's what you're asking
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats NFA? it is a semi auto if that's what you're asking

I'm thinking basically fully automatic. I mean there's other things that go into NFA category but with an AK I think it would be the fully automatic part.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks, so as far as I'm read I'm 100% legal. Now that I have that covered the town I'm going to is called Aledo, is there anywhere to shoot around there?

Tac-Pro is not all that far from Aledo.  

mm
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Aledo?

I work there. On Target right there at 1187/377....

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
NFA would be full auto or a short barreled rifle.

Since you don't know if it's NFA or not, I believe it is a safe bet to assume that it isn't NFA.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#9]
NFA would be full auto and or bbl. less than 16". If it's at 16" make sure the FH is perm. attached.  

eta - Also, please check under your car or truck to make sure there aren't any illegals trying to hitch a ride to one of our lovely sanctuary cities.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Geez, lighten up you two.

He hasn't posted pics yet, it very well may be an AK47 if it has a milled receiver.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top