Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 11:40:56 AM EDT
A Disaster Preparedness series of classes will be held at the MLK Community Center, Bldg E, 2901 Pennsylvania Ave. in Dallas from 11 Sep - 16 Oct 2010, 10:00-13:00.

The topics will include: Disaster Preparedness, Disaster Medical Operations including triage, Light Search & Rescue, Disaster Psychology, Disaster Communications, and Know what to do at a "crime scene".

These classes are open for Dallas County residents that have not already had this type of training.  The classes are being conducted by the North Central Texas Emergency Management Training Seminar & Expo Group.  The host for the series is The Honorable Carolyn R. Davis, City of Dallas District 7.  You must RSVP in advance.

POC is Keith Sharp 2 214 541-9799, [email protected]

mm
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a bunch of us Arfcommers that are CERT certified on here.  

I'm just saying.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There's a bunch of us Arfcommers that are CERT certified on here.  

I'm just saying.

I noticed that.  It does look a lot like the CERT training.

I just got the email from Council Member Yolanda Davis.  I didn't think there'd be much participation since they sent it as an internal email.  But, without people participating in the available training the training resource will dry up.

mm
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]
You might want to google that location before you drive down there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hey!  It couldn't be any worse than Frisco or Southlake.

could it?

mm

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey!  It couldn't be any worse than Frisco or Southlake.

could it?

mm

You're asking a guy who just patched another bullet hole in his roof?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#6]

CERT here, first class in the state plus amateur radio op worked several  events.

Sounds like a good class.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top