Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 5:47:51 AM EDT
With Tom Bean looking like a wash (at least for now) where's the next best place in the Dallas area?  

I would like to find somewhere with flexible hours and not too crowded.  Non-range Nazi atmosphere is a plus.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy a key for Mickey's Lease
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Definitely Micky's place, the rate they are going this will be the only place to shoot in the DFW area
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

or Jacobs Plain in Greenville. Well at least for now. They've been fine with me shooting out there.

How is that range? I've been meaning to get out there but it's a long way from Dallas.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely Micky's place, the rate they are going this will be the only place to shoot in the DFW area

Mickey's is the best place to do what you want to do safely.  Assuming you have FA, a key is the next logical thing.  I'd recommend going after a heavy storm - it does get muddy BUT the river provides many targets.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mickey's is the best place to do what you want to do safely.  Assuming you have FA, a key is the next logical thing.  I'd recommend going after a heavy storm - it does get muddy BUT the river provides many targets.

Karma kept making it sound like I'd get shot if I go out there ... true or false

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Karma kept making it sound like I'd get shot if I go out there ... true or false

It is only as safe as the folks shooting.  SO, if you are out there alone, you only have yourself to blame if you get shot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is only as safe as the folks shooting.  SO, if you are out there alone, you only have yourself to blame if you get shot.

And there we have it

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Winchester Gallery in east Fort Worth allows full auto.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:28:25 AM EDT
[#10]
screw karma!
keep your eyes open and you'll be fine.
i've been a keyholder for 15-18 years; seen some stupid stuff but i've personally: ripped the roof off a bobtail, taken out a light fixture w/a 1000 pound load at full extension, shot a hot 10mm out of my g21(that took 3 tries!). i'm a walking disaster!
my key hasn't had sex w/the lock this year and i'm looking at possibly foregoing it next year(hunting lease, gun club, car clubs!); too much going out.
just buy the key!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:15:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ok, I'm interested.  Can someone IM me the details?  Things like how much, where, who to contact?

Nevermind, HRT - sending you an IM
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 for Mickey's place
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, I'm interested.  Can someone IM me the details?  Things like how much, where, who to contact?

Nevermind, HRT - sending you an IM

Forward that info to me too please.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:23:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I also, please
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:29:24 AM EDT
[#15]
PM sent
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I made a 400 yard shot on a large turtle in the river on Monday at Mickey's place.    Was at bend of river on logs.  

$494 Savage 223 with accutrigger, on sale $35 Barska 6 -20x 'varmint' scope and wolf black box hollow point.  All that and I made the shot.   Turtle shell shot up in the air and meaty parts fell into river for the other turtles to eat.

Next time I see turtles (and it might be a while w/ heavy rain and season changing) I will setup my camera into my spotting scope like I do on other shooting videos.  

I really dont have anyone else to tell so I thought I would share the Mickeys Lease love.   Steel targets at 450 yards, too.  

I am looking for the link from a March 2010 posting but cant find it.

the www.uzitalk.com national shoot has been held there the last 3 years
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Could someone shoot me the details.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#18]
 PLEASE FORWARD THAT INFO TO ME ALSO.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top