Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2010 9:44:38 AM EDT
I'm looking for a gunsmith that specializes in or is very familiar with AR-15's. I've got a free float one piece hand guard I'd like them to install. I don't have all the tools to do it properly so I'd rather just take it to a reputable shop. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
So you just need a free float installed?  What kind?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Jack over at Spectre put on a couple of YHM Black Diamonds for me.  Quick and cheap.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So you just need a free float installed?  What kind?
This one with a low profile gas block

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/images/products/MI-T10.gif

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Jack over at Spectre put on a couple of YHM Black Diamonds for me.  Quick and cheap.

Do you happen to have his info? Sorry I'm still getting used to this site and where everything is.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Sportsmans Guns and Ammo, its on 1314 near 105. Talk to Derek (the owner).
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.jbjcustomguns.com/index.html

good guys.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

These guys were the closest to me. Man they are awesome. I walked in and they installed it right there while I waited! Very friendly and welcoming. Had a nice chat and looked around while I waited. Great prices also. They have a new customer that's for sure. Thanks again for recommending them.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:51:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

These guys were the closest to me. Man they are awesome. I walked in and they installed it right there while I waited! Very friendly and welcoming. Had a nice chat and looked around while I waited. Great prices also. They have a new customer that's for sure. Thanks again for recommending them.

lol, i have been recommending dereck for about 5 years on here but since its a large allbeit modest looking shop without flashy posters and high pressure salesman, nobody listens to me. He has been working on every shape and fashion of firearm for a long time now and is will fix anything you need right the first time.

Hes a skinny country boy that doesnt go to lengths to interior decorate or dress himself up, his shop is a little underwhelming, but he built a bolt gun that won some kind of international accuracy competition a while back, is licensed and experienced enough to build full auto AK's from scrap metal, builds 1919's, works on AR's (which doesnt really take a whole lot of talent anyway) and does everything else in between.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, i have been recommending dereck for about 5 years on here but since its a large allbeit modest looking shop without flashy posters and high pressure salesman, nobody listens to me. He has been working on every shape and fashion of firearm for a long time now and is will fix anything you need right the first time.

Hes a skinny country boy that doesnt go to lengths to interior decorate or dress himself up, his shop is a little underwhelming, but he built a bolt gun that won some kind of international accuracy competition a while back, is licensed and experienced enough to build full auto AK's from scrap metal, builds 1919's, works on AR's (which doesnt really take a whole lot of talent anyway) and does everything else in between.

It's my kind of place. I'm horrible with names but I think Dereck is the one that worked on it. While he was in the back I chatted with another guy. I know he used to work in the oil field and had a green bolt gun on the counter he built. LOL I like a place I feel welcome and not one I'm run off from not spending money. *cough* Pruitt's *cough*

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top