Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2010 4:49:33 PM EDT
Best price, best experience...whatcha got?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, that answers part one...how about part 2?  Any locals got some input?
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the reposition
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on what part of town.
I'm on the west side and a residential based FFL.
I do transfers pretty inexpensive.

If your interested send me an e mail.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#6]
i live around Downtown and use Cliff Love.
Really great guy and I am about to use him for a class III item.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Houston is a big city, ask in the HTF and I'm sure they can recommend someone good in your area.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Depends on what part of town.
I'm on the west side and a residential based FFL.
I do transfers pretty inexpensive.

If your interested send me an e mail.

+1 for Mark.  He's a good guy.

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]
$35 at Jim Pruett's on the northwest side of town.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
$35 at Jim Pruett's on the northwest side of town.

$35 is highway robbery.

There are numerous FFL's will do it for $15 to $25.  Do a search and you will see some recommendations or I'm sure peeps will start throwing their fav dealers here soon.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:06:52 AM EDT
[#12]
It will depend on where you live/are willing to drive more than likely.  When I lived in Katy I used a home based FFL out in Stafford (forgot his name already) and he only charged $20.  About all I can remember is that he was a retired deputy.

Since I've lived in Tomball I have been using a home based FFL in Magnolia that is also a gunsmith.  When he is out of town I've used Tomball Pawn and found them to be very reasonable.  $25 per transfer and they are very familiar with the process and fast.  Every firearm I've transferred there was opened in my prescence also (without even asking) which I liked.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:24:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Keith Blodgett
[email protected]

10 bucks per firearm.

His place is a little run down but for 10 bucks I dont mind.

He is in the Montrose area.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#14]
If you are on the north side of Houston Operator's Edge in the Woodlands charges $20.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:55:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I would point out that you really gotta love anybody named Clifford

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would point out that you really gotta love anybody named Clifford

Of course, Clifford's are always the favorites of the ladies......
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:57:20 AM EDT
[#18]
10ring in cypress=$20. and they don't try to sell you a bunch of crap cause they got none to sell-just reloading materials and sporting guns/pistols.
a great move for a reloading store-it's just too close to my work; i have to go home to eat lunch so i don't spend my lunch there!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:39:38 AM EDT
[#19]
For the last few years I've used a nice old guy in the bellaire area.  he charges $25 and I'd rather help out an individual opposed to a business such as many of the gun stores that wants to gouge since you didn't buy from them.  Anyway his name is

richard branum

"armtex of Houston"

[email protected]

713-668-8358

great guy!

good luck,

joe campise
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Another hearty +1 for madecov. I'm sure he doesn't remember me, but we've done biz.  Top notch.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Unless some of you guys are really hurtin for cash, you're being penny wise and  $200 - $1000 dollar stupid. Go Pruett or some other gun-shop store front!

I'm 56 years of age and I am still always learning. A couple of months I bought a $900 Remington 17 Fireball and tried to contact my usual Joe-Smoe 2- cent "kitchen table" FFL agent to do the transfer, but he had mysteriously vanished from existence. In retrospect, I hadn't realized what a cheap bastard and a dumb-ass I have been for all these years....and what I had subjected myself to just for the sake of trying to save $10-$15 stinking dollars.

This time I almost got burnt for that $900. I will NEVER AGAIN use an  FFL agent operating out of his puiblic storrage garage, his momma's kitchen, or a lemmonade stand!! If the package dissappears while it is left in front of the guys house, an office building hallway, or with a 3rd party stranger at a public storrage facility, guess who gets fucked? Do you think the seller has insured your package for the full value? (He didn't say anything about insuring it, and you didn't ask, did you?) Do you think your FFL agent will care and replace it?  Do you expect a kitchen table agent to really worry about you for $20 in between his regular job or whatever and wherever he's doing during the next 4-7 days?  

I learned my lesson to use a real gunshop for an extra $10 charge that is open 6 days a week and ALWAYS has somebody there to accept a package during normal hours and answer your phone calls anytme you call to inquire about it. I spent 3 days trying to find out where my uninsured $900 rifle was. Neither the seller (who had proof of shipping) nor the agent (whenever I could reach him on his cellular phone) worried much about it. It wasn't their $900. If you use a $10-$20 "part-time gun dealer" I hope you enoy your $10 savings like I did. I lost 2 nights sleep  because I was being CHEAP. NEVER AGAIN!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top