Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2010 8:30:28 PM EDT
We're headed down for a family reunion.  I've poked around and figured out I can CCW with my CO res permit or my FL non-res (and no, I don't carry a club).  

So what to do?  Small kids (3 and <1).

Something genuinely Texan would be nice.  Ideas?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:00:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd second Palo Duro Canyon.  They have a play that shows on the weekends that is worth seeing.  Fireworks at the end, the kids will love it.  If you're planning on doing any hiking, get is done early in the AM.

If you like burgers, be sure to check out Coyote Cafe.  South of 40 off Grand (east side of town) it's a little shack on the east side of Grand.  Can't miss it, it's got old toilets w/ flowers planted in the front lawn.  Don't be scared by it's appearance, the food in incredible and the service isn't anything to complain about as well.  It's fun just to set in there and watch "stuffy folks" walk in, look around and promptly leave.

For the heat of the day, check out the Discovery Center up by the hospital.  Interactive science exhibits for kids.

There's some beautiful canyon country around Lake Meredith, well worth the drive.  Also, Alabates Flint Quarry (Nat'l Park I believe, is right out there too) - good native american history.

As a non resident you are required by law to stop at the Cadilac ranch and gawk.  I still don't get the attraction, but to avoid jail time, you'll have to oblige.  Just west of town on south side of I-40.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top