Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2010 6:35:47 PM EDT
Hey all,
I am thinking of getting a new barrel for my rem 870 express, 7round.
my question is this, should i get the one with the rifle sight on it? and why?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 12:14:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I use rifle and ghost ring sights on all my shotties....

I hate bead sights because I can't hit crap at distances. If you want to use your shotgun for long range shots using slugs for deer or whatever, you must use some kind of sights.

If you choose to buy a beaded barrel so you can save a few bucks, I suggest buying and installing a weaver rail on the receiver so you can use a red-dot or something.

Btw.... I hate beads
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:02:33 AM EDT
[#2]
kk ty
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd recommend rifle sights on the b arrel for versatility. If you plan on doing any kind of bird  hunting or trap or skeet shooting, it's a snap to convert your gun to a hunting configuration by just swapping the barrel out. Otherwise, if you just want a tactical setup, the ghost ring set up rules. It's considerably faster than rifle sights for getting on target. I would suggest you consider adding night sights to your rifle sights, if you go that route.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top