Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2009 9:33:10 AM EDT
Well I had a rare moment where I had some extra cash after Paying the bills! (WooHoo)

I was on my way home and I figured since I drive by B&S Gun shop. I would just go see what they had ammo-wise.

I was surprised to see quite a good selection on everything.
I figured I would make up on ammo stash over the past six months.

Well then reality kicked in when I saw Win Whitebox(50rds) 40.S&W 180 fmj for $32.99.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

So, I started looking at all the other ammo and talk about sticker shock. $40 for Hornady TAP-FPD .223 75gr !!!! WTF OVER!!!!

And with total disgusts walk out!

I tell my wife who is in the car and she says wait til the weekend. I bet I can make it for you! (I figured some serious pie was in-store for me)

Well Saturday comes and she wakes me up! Says let's go!!! (Here comes the pie!!  So, I thought.)  Instead she get in the car and drives me out to the Ammo Depot!!!!!

Well, I haven't been there in over a year. Heck I forgot all about it. I get in the shop and they have really fixed it up!!! I walk over to the ammo counter expecting to be raped and lo and behold!!!!

Whitebox .40 for $23, but then he had Blazer for $19 and he had 10 boxes sitting there calling my name. Grabbed that up!
Also he has some reloaded 100 rd bags of.223 55gr Sp that I have shot before, and loved it for $40. Grab me up 2 bags of that!  

Hornady TAP-FPD .223 75gr for $20!!!!
6 boxes all gone thanks to Me!

Plus picked up a couple of odds an ends.
Life is Good! Yes, Yes!
Still kinda expensive, but it didn't dent the wallet that bad.

So, of course I Thanked my Wifey with a trip to the Salon, and then dinner at Benni-Hanna's!!!!

Then I got my PIE!!!!!!!!!!

But, I digress. It's just nice to know there are still some places that are not out to get your money.

And Ammo-Depot is at the top of my list for my ammo needs!

Link Posted: 7/19/2009 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I still have good luck with my local Wal-Mart, and you probably know the prices are a lot less than what you paid.  The last 2 times I went in for ammo was on Sunday mornings and they were just putting ammo on the shelves from a shipment.  They still have the 6 box limit, so it is tough to really stock up if that is your intent.
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#2]
the guys at ammo depot are good guys, I go out there every other Friday, and enjoy visit.  Prices are very good for a shop, and the camaraderie is great.

+1000 for Ammo Depot.

HG

Link Posted: 7/19/2009 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Mickey and his bunch are stand-up  guys. I make it a point to go in there at least weekl y. I live just a few miles from there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Would have been a good thread if you had left out the part about the wife driving you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I googled Ammo Depot to see where it is located, your thread was listed in the search 8th hit from the top, guess you gave em a free internet plug.  A little far for me to drive though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Would have been a good thread if you had left out the part about the wife driving you.

Why, because you wanted to ask him out?  

I think it is great that your wife supports your interests..and I always enjoy stoping at the Ammo Depot.

Link Posted: 7/19/2009 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why, because you wanted to ask him out?  

I think it is great that your wife supports your interests..and I always enjoy stoping at the Ammo Depot.

Missed my point.
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I googled Ammo Depot to see where it is located, your thread was listed in the search 8th hit from the top, guess you gave em a free internet plug.  A little far for me to drive though.

Mickey's place is worth stopping by in you're on the east side of DFW.
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey!  Come on!

I  work the graveyard shift. So my Wife knew I was tired.

I think you call that being married to the right gal. Heck the fact that she knew where it was....SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!!

She has Stag Arms model 1L...she is south paw!

And enjoys shooting as much as I do!

So, she's on the lookout for ammo too!

And we will be celebrating our 15th Anniversary this year!  

Well  sir, I am sorry you don't have somebody like that in your life. (TBoy hopefully you will in the future, and I am being very sincere when I say that!)

I LOVE MY WIFE!

Now. That all being said about that!

AMMO DEPOT has earned a very loyal customer!

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought some of that reloaded sp at the gunshow same price its good stuff i'de like more.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Ammo Depot is where I buy all my ammo that I do not order in bulk, its also where I do the FFL transfers for stuff I buy
from the EE. I havent been in there in a few, but its getting about time to see what they have in stock.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Good guys to deal with. Fun to talk with also.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 5:21:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Is this the Ammo Depot in Caddo Mills?
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:38:18 AM EDT
[#14]
"Whitebox .40 for $23, but then he had Blazer for $19 and he had 10 boxes sitting there calling my name."

Isn't that $6 higher than WalMart?
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Ammo & pie

+1 for the wife

She deserved the priviledge of driving him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"Whitebox .40 for $23, but then he had Blazer for $19 and he had 10 boxes sitting there calling my name."

Isn't that $6 higher than WalMart?

Its higher than walmart, but:
1: he actually has some
2: he actually give a crap about it and you.
3: he is a small shop, so its gonna be a bit higher.

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#17]
In the good ole days I would buy Blazer from Natchez. But I haven't seen anybody around here except for his shop that carries it.

The Walmart  stores around here and Dallas don't seem to carry it. Also tried Academy, Bass Pro and CTD...and can't find jack.

Your Walmart must have a  secret stash of Blazer hiding somewhere.

All I see 7mm WSM, 243 and 30-30 in stock.

So, where is this place at?
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I just picked up 250 rounds from the Wal-Mart in Lewisville off of 3040.  They received a shipment this morning and only had 7 boxes of .40 left on the shelf when I got there a few minutes after 9, and I only took 5.  They limit you to 6 boxes per person, but I figured I would leave the next guy a full 100 rounds.  They now have Federal instead of Blazer, as the guy working the counter said Federal took them over (not sure if that is the full story).  The price has remained the same at $12.47 per box.

Sunday mornings seems to be the best time to find ammo in stock at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#19]
+1 for Ammo Depot

I live about 30 minutes from them and Mickey runs a cool shop.  Prices are usually pretty decent on the firearms and there's always something new to see.  I've always been treated very well, and it's always fun to visit with the fellas running the joint.  It's worth the drive.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#20]
mmm...sounds like a good place!
and...it's out in my neck of the woods - sounds like I need to drop in & visit them!  
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Everything I saw the couple of times I stopped in after work was priced higher than my favorite local dealer.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Everything I saw the couple of times I stopped in after work was priced higher than my favorite local dealer.

His stuff is priced on the higher side, but you can haggle with him and he will knock some off the price.  It's my go to fun shop since I'm just up the road from it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

who/where's your fav dealer?

Link Posted: 7/27/2009 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I absolutely refuse to buy anything from B&S. Every time you go in, the sales guy is giving someone a speech about how much he loves one certain pistol (whichever one the customer asked about) and how he use to carry it all the time... But every day its a NEW favorite for him... lol
Whats funny is hearing their reaction when you tell them you've bought a firearm online, it really pisses them off, then they go ranting about "just see how you are treated when you need to use the warranty!"   Well, we did... My friend and I both bought S&W M&P15s at the same time and his had a problem. Called Smith & Wesson, they sent a call tag, we shipped it out and got it back within 10 days!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 6:16:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well I had a rare moment where I had some extra cash after Paying the bills! (WooHoo)

I was on my way home and I figured since I drive by B&S Gun shop.

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
B&S or BS as it should be called is just about worthless.  Even if they have something I'm looking for, it is either going to be priced too high, or the asshattery from the staff will be way more than I am willing to deal with.  I kind of see B&S as the Carter's Country of DFW.
Glad you found Ammo Depot though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Couldnt agree more w/ the last 2 posts!  I bought the S&W M&P15 from B&S & a scope.  The initial purchase wasn't so bad but try giving them a call for any additional support - HA!!  What a PITA to deal with if you have any kind of issue.  I tried to call them 3 times about an issue & finally just had to make the drive down there to get things squared up.  Done with that shop!
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#27]
I have been an Ammo Depot customer for a quite awhile. Sometimes it is great, anytime it is better than B&S. But I have had a negative experience with them as well. Caveat emptor always. Also try Southwest Ammunition on the square in Mesquite.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have been an Ammo Depot customer for a quite awhile. Sometimes it is great, anytime it is better than B&S. But I have had a negative experience with them as well. Caveat emptor always. Also try Southwest Ammunition on the square in Mesquite.

That guy's still open?  It's been years since I've been in there.

Link Posted: 7/28/2009 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I called southwest the other day for some Wolf 223 55gr FMJ. They wanted $280 for 500 rounds... I had to pass.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Ammo Depot is the only place I will spend my money. It is only 8 miles down the road and they are by far the best group of guys to deal with.
I was there today and they had complete AR lowers for $249.00 it is a little bit of a drive from Dallas, But well woth it.......
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Mickey and Colt are good to go. I used to travel to Arkansas quite a bit for work, I couldn't go past there during business hours without stopping in.

B&S Guns?  I don't see how they are still in business.  I saw the big billboard on I-30 once and decided to stop in. Never again.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ammo Depot is the only place I will spend my money. It is only 8 miles down the road and they are by far the best group of guys to deal with.
I was there today and they had complete AR lowers for $249.00 it is a little bit of a drive from Dallas, But well woth it.......

I know what you mean. I was on my way hamo from Dallas today so I stopped by B&S and they are BS......... Glocks were $599.00 and a Bushmaster M4A3 was $1039.00

Ammo Depot has Glocks for $515.00 and Bushmaster M4A3 for I think it was under $900.00........
When I need a good laugh I will stop at BS and look at there prices........

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top