Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 11:39:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
There's 2 threads already with requests of things to do.
Pretty good lists, do a search..

Otherwise,
Alamo,
Museum of texan cultures
Riverwalk and various shops and eateries
Mi Tierra
Chris Madrids, best burgers
eat at Boudros
little red barn

see alamocity.com for more info.

ETA:  search for "san antonio", or "san antone"  here.

here's a cold-link:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=364773
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
That Holiday Inn is a few blocks away from the river walk, and the bars & restaurants along it, but within walking distance.

If you don't mind driving an hour or so, Fredericksburg has the Nimitz museum.  Has some interesting displays.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]
when will you be down?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Im flying into San Antonio for a week on business
Ill be staying downtown at the Holdiay Inn next to Market Square
I didnt plan on getting a car, but are there any must do's that would require me to get wheels for a day or two

Car rentals are cheap. Get one.  Theres a bunch of shops, stores and things to see downtown. Theres also areas outside San Antonio thats not far away.  Get a map or have your GPS with you as the roads are confusing to strangers :)
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd get a rental car.

San Antonio is pretty spread out - and many of the better spots to hit are NOT within comfortable walking distance of Market Square.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top