Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2009 5:01:33 PM EDT
Ft. Worth ISD closed until May 8th! Looks like they are afraid of the piggy flu!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I just heard that Cleburne and Alvardo have closed as well.

Not sure how I feel about this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Crud
If Day care closes then Wife has to stay home with the little one, I carry our insurance.
I may have to take unpaid days off because our business is slow right now.
Day Care has a policy that when FW ISD closes so do they but its normally weather related
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
shtf.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Prediction: Ft. Worth economy takes a hit because A) people stay home from work to watch their kids OR B) crime increases as juveniles find something to do (summer crime effect)
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
shtf.

I call dibs on your guns and ammo if you get the pork flu.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
shtf.

I call dibs on your guns and ammo if you get the pork flu.

i'll be the only zombie that knows how to shoot an ar.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife works for FWISD and they had a confirmed case and several possible cases. Once they had the confirmed case the state forced them to close.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My wife works for FWISD and they had a confirmed case and several possible cases. Once they had the confirmed case the state forced them to close.

word on the street here, is that Austin gets one more confirmed case and AISD shuts down too.
(Lucy Reed Pre-K got one yesterday....not sure if confirmed or not)

that happens and I'm suggesting to the wife we head to the ranch to "wait it out"
aka
go drink beer and hunt turkey for a week
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:53:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

word on the street here, is that Austin gets one more confirmed case and AISD shuts down too.

that happens and I'm suggesting to the wife we head to the ranch to "wait it out"
aka

BRILLIANT!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

aka

Mind if I wait it out with you? haha. going to classes at UT is not exactly top of my list now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

aka

Mind if I wait it out with you? haha. going to classes at UT is not exactly top of my list now.

well, as the frat boys and such get knocked off with their compromised immune systems, means the pickings on the hot coeds will be better
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

shtf.

Like I'd like to say, it only takes one mutated gene to make a zombie. I'll be ready.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet No school for starduks till the 8th
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

aka

I heard this rumor too.  Do you work in the district?  Two more schools in the area closed today, but one is a private school in south west Austin (Regents).  The school nurse was handing out alcohol gel today, and the janitorial crew filled sanitizer bottles all morning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top