Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2009 9:28:55 AM EDT
Do we now avoid Mexican restaurants, and are some of you already doing so?

What's the backup plan if we can't go out to Mexican restaurants? Pick up some Chinese, or go for BBQ?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh man no BBQ because of the pork!

No texmex or BBQ? Life just ain't worth living

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Oh man no BBQ because of the pork!

No texmex or BBQ? Life just ain't worth living

Beef>pork
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#3]
They already said cooking pork properly wipes about almost all of the pathogens.

ALMOST ALL being the key words there.  

Good thing I haven't had any pork or bacon in a long time (and probably won't for a long time from now).

I've been avoiding beef at all costs too lately. It is not as healthy as Chicken or Turkey and it has way too many risks associated with it.

<–– Not a vegan

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What's the backup plan if we can't go out to Mexican restaurants? Pick up some Chinese, or go for BBQ?

Why the hell would you avoid Mexican restaurants, other than ones that are actually IN Mexico?  And, you cannot contract SF from consuming pork.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow the misinformation is strong in this thread
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Village Pizza and Seafood delivers as does Papa John's.  Floyd's cajun in Webster and Pearland/Friendswood on 518 also has some great food.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm avoiding restaurants in Mexico like the plague.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm avoiding restaurants in Mexico like the plague.

That makes 2 of us.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the hell would you avoid Mexican restaurants, other than ones that are actually IN Mexico?  And, you cannot contract SF from consuming pork.

I don't think it is the food that they are worried about...
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#10]
As a decently healthy adult (at least by age, anyways ), I do not plan to alter my lifestyle at all in the face of swine flu
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Who do you think is actually cooking in the chinese restraunts and such, clearing tables, washing dishes? Live you life and don't be "sheeple" about this IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#12]
This thread is worse than twitter.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Who do you think is actually cooking in the chinese restraunts and such, clearing tables, washing dishes? Live you life and don't be "sheeple" about this IMHO.

What does that have to do with anything?  Do you think the kitchen staff is commuting daily to your area from Guadalajara or something?

Damn, there's some major ridiculousness here.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This thread is worse than twitter.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does that have to do with anything?  Do you think the kitchen staff is commuting daily to your area from Guadalajara or something?

his point being that mexicans are who is doing the work in chinese restaurants (same as mexican places).  so its just as ridiculous to avoid chinese joints as it is mexican.
and all of it is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

his point being that mexicans are who is doing the work in chinese restaurants (same as mexican places).  so its just as ridiculous to avoid chinese joints as it is mexican.

Ah, my bad.  I was temporarily blinded by the sheer stupidity of the core issue.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Surely there is a bunch of sarcasm in this thread?  You don't get the swine flu from eating pork.  And you are more likely to catch the swine flu from some teenager who knows someone who was in Cancun a few weeks ago as you are from eating at a restaurant with Mexican staff..

Also, people..its the flu.  Its not the plague of 2009.

I am still hoping people start turning into zombies though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

yeah, we actually had our annual ZAT (zombie apocalypse training) on sunday

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As a decently healthy adult (at least by age, anyways ), I do not plan to alter my lifestyle at all in the face of swine flu

I'm going to double my BLT intake 'til this goes away.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, my bad.  I was temporarily blinded by the sheer stupidity of the core issue.

Uh, it wasn't a serious question, but I guess that was lost in here somehow.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone try the Mc Donalds BLT?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Do you think the kitchen staff is commuting daily to your area
Well actually there was a new girl at my local favorite mexican food place that did not speak English and that was a little worrisome.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Go Chinese and risk the SARS???

Some BBQ chicken giving you the Bird Flu???

You CRAZY Man!!!

We are all doomed unless we bow and pray to The One to save us each and every one!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Are you nuts? Go to ANY restaurant in Dallas and take a look at the kitchen staff. The last time I went to Benihana, the chef wasn't Japanese.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#26]
What kind of wood do you use to smoke  swine flu?  I prefer hickory with pork.  

TPW has an article out about not being able to catch swine flu from feral pigs in TX.  Seriously.  

AUSTIN, April 29, 2009 - The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department reminds hunters and trappers there is no indication of a human-animal disease relationship with swine flu and to continue to use common sense when handling feral hogs.

While there is no known threat of contracting swine flu from feral hogs, they do carry other potential hazards.

Due to the danger of contracting swine brucellosis, the Texas Animal Health Commission urges hunters and trappers to always wear a mask or bandana and gloves when handling feral swine during processing. Trappers or any producers who have pigs that are ill with respiratory infections should contact their veterinarian. Trappers or hunters that become ill should seek medical attention and inform their doctors they have been around pigs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Time to go Kosher!

Hebrew National or vienna beef  FTW
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Time to go Kosher!

Hebrew National or vienna beef  FTW

LMAO
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do you think the kitchen staff is commuting daily to your area
Well actually there was a new girl at my local favorite mexican food place that did not speak English and that was a little worrisome.

was she hot?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top