Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2009 10:27:42 AM EDT
where I can buy acceossories etc....other than SOG???
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Texas Tactical Gear, not really a store, but Jen runs it in a business strip in South Houston, 15255 Gulf Fwy, Suite 139-A.
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
www.jimpruett.net/  
11101 Huffmeister Rd
Houston Texas 77065
Telephone: 832-237-4867

The Arms Room
107 Landing Blvd. Suite E
League City TX 77573
281-332-0706
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Texas Tactical Gear, not really a store, but Jen runs it in a business strip in South Houston, 15255 Gulf Fwy, Suite 139-A.

+1
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
A Gun Shop
4319 Highway 6 N
Houston, TX 77084
(281) 656-2515
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Jen's Place
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I go to "A Gun Shop" as mentioned above the owner, Fred, is a great guy that takes care of his customers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#7]
sweet, thanx!
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Pro Defense in webster... great place. and the arms room, travis james is an owner real good guy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Texas Tactical Gear.... only place I would go.
SOG and ProDefense are terrible...

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Yep, gotta be careful with SOG. I saw something last week at their place that looked kinda shady, and I was a little disappointed when I left. Then went to Texas Tactical and was happy again!
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Yep, gotta be careful with SOG. I saw something last week at their place that looked kinda shady, and I was a little disappointed when I left. Then went to Texas Tactical and was happy again!

Definately be carefule with SOG.  One gun show they were trying to sell Chinese Grip Pods as real Grip Pods.  I confronted the guy with the mustache about it and he nearly exploded.

Link Posted: 4/23/2009 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know offhand if any of the above stores carry the Daniel Defense tool for installing their Lite Rails?
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I would try Texas Tactical, Jen carries their products, so she might have one.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does anyone know offhand if any of the above stores carry the Daniel Defense tool for installing their Lite Rails?

Send a message to Coz_45 he has the tool and is an AR15 smith.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Definately be carefule with SOG.  One gun show they were trying to sell Chinese Grip Pods as real Grip Pods.  I confronted the guy with the mustache about it and he nearly exploded.

I asked them a question about one of their rifles, I don't recall exactly what I said....

But, it sparked this guy into going into some stupid, long rant about how they were manufacturers, not assemblers, even though for the most part, they are just assembling rifles. Apparently, they have things made to "their spec"... which apparently is inferior, since half the rifles on their table don't even have mil-spec tubes. If you mention mil-spec, they change it to their spec.
I don't know what your spec is, why don't you tell me?

Snake oil was running out of every pore of that guy's body... I don't trust SOG for one second.
ProDefense is OK, I guess. I just don't like the atmosphere there at all. It feels like a totally sterile environment... and they don't seem to be very friendly. Horrible firearms selection.... Definitely seemed to be directed towards the law enforcement community.

Link Posted: 4/23/2009 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I sold all my DD stuff to Robbie and the tools went with them.

Sorry guys. Maybe by the fall of this year I'll have the tools again

Link Posted: 4/23/2009 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man that sucks.  You're right down the road from me too, iirc.
Can i trim the FSB (to create a low pro gasblock) and move it back enough on a 14.5" barrel far enough to allow the gas tube to come out, then install the DD lite rail?
Sorry, i know it's a long question.
I'm trying to figure out if i can get the lite rail installed without removing the (pinned and welded) flash suppressor.
I have no problems dremeling the unneeded sight posts off the FSB.
If i have to i'll buy a clamp on gas block, though i'd prefer to avoid it.

ETA:  Carbine length gas tube.

Link Posted: 4/23/2009 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man that sucks.  You're right down the road from me too, iirc.

Can i trim the FSB (to create a low pro gasblock) and move it back enough on a 14.5" barrel far enough to allow the gas tube to come out, then install the DD lite rail?

Sorry, i know it's a long question.

I'm trying to figure out if i can get the lite rail installed without removing the (pinned and welded) flash suppressor.

I have no problems dremeling the unneeded sight posts off the FSB.

If i have to i'll buy a clamp on gas block, though i'd prefer to avoid it.

ETA:  Carbine length gas tube.

Just take your gun to Keith at NFA Investments and have him take off your flash hider and the install the DD lite rails and the reinstall the FSB?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Just take your gun to Keith at NFA Investments and have him take off your flash hider and the install the DD lite rails and the reinstall the FSB?

Carbine length gas system.

9" rail.

So gotta trim the FSB.

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't think you can get a barrel nut over a shaved down FSB.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I don't think you can get a barrel nut over a shaved down FSB.

Hmm...  I was hoping to do it all myself.  But after pricing out all the tools i'd have to buy, looks like it'd be cheaper to just have someone do it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Gear only, or do they sell firearms?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Gear only, or do they sell firearms?

guns, cans and other fun stuff
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:25:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

At a recent gun show he was selling LMT uppers.  The upper receiver WAS a LMT but the barrels were a mix of Model 1 Sales and M&A.  Never could figure out the uppers that were marked RRA on the top rear of the receiver..but we also marked M&A on the top front of the receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top