Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 1:34:13 AM EDT
Pct 5 Deputy stopped 18 wheeler, which then backed over or into police car and took off.  This was near IH10/barker cypress area.  

18 wheeler has been spiked several times, and at least 5 patrol cars are now out of action.  

Chase lasted to Seguin TX (ALMOST TO SAN ANTONIO).  Truck finally gave out on bridge.  Suspect is currently under bridge in the water. Foot search is on.

Someone post up news links when they can, I will be asleep by that time.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
i hope its an illegal alien. houston needs more public pressure to enforce shit. the mayor and chief are weak.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:40:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope it's more than one illegal trying to keep from being deported.  Something along the lines of smuggling or a load theft.  Besides, doesn't he know the golden rules of police chases?

1.  Don't run from cops, there's more of them than you.
2.  Don't run from cops, when they catch you, they won't be symapthetic to your plight.
3.  Don't run from cops, they have radio, and it is faster than anything you can drive.

Damn, 100 miles plus, a lot of it 2 lanes each way, thankfully traffic is non-existent in that stretch on a Saturday morning.  Hopefully none of the officers in the cars out of action are injured.  As for the suspect, hopefully he'll get some bumps and bruises from "falling down" for his effort.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top