Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I can teach how to ride sportbikes at unsafe speeds on the street and track, also as a bonus how to evade police
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll add to the list.

I'm north of Austin (Taylor/Elgin)

I am a licensed insurance agent, so I can offer advice about insurance policies.

I am a photographer and know a lot about cameras AND Photoshop.

Have truck, can haul stuff as well as cheap labor for moving.

I also have a 10 seat oval poker table, in case you need to throw together a game
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm good with photoshop.
I can help with graphic design, 3D visualization, animation, rendering and audio/video editing.
Also, OK with simple HTML and CSS.
I can help you assemble an AR lower.
I work with Kydex to make my own holsters and mag carriers if you need any help.
I can also drink my weight in beer.

I'm North of Houston in Spring.

Link Posted: 3/4/2011 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#4]
College Station

Just about anything computer related. I'm a programmer by trade but I can build them, troubleshoot them and even do some web stuff.  Web stuff will cost you Mountain Dew though, I hate it. :P

Always looking for an excuse to go shooting if anyone wants a shooting buddy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AR15Texan:
North Plano Area:

Hauling or Towing:  Ford E350 Cargo Van 1-ton axle.  I can tow and haul (nothing that smells or spills) anything that fits inside van.  You pay for the diesel fuel though.

AR Tools: Action Block, Armorer's Wrench, Stock Wrench, Roll Pin Punches, torque wrench, headspace gages

Automotive AC Tools:  Vacuum Pump, R134 Manifold, Electronic Leak Detector (not a mechanic, but have repaired a few AC's)

Audi VAG-COM engine reader (works up to 2010 Audi's)

Auto Enginity ScanTool with Ford Enhancements (up to MY '10)

4000psi Gas Pressure Washer (not from WalMart)

20-ton Hydraulic Press

NRA Certified Instructor for "Home Firearm Safety" and "Basic Pistol Shooting"

i will keep u in mind i always need something hauled
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TurdyDingo:
I'm in the Texarkana area and have action blocks, barrel wrench, drill press, etc. for someone needing tools for a build.

Also in Texarkana, also have action block, barrel wrench, etc for AR work; I've asssemblied several AR's from bottom up.
Also, have reloading press and can do/help you with that.
Can do photography, have all the equipment.
Can take you hog/predator hunting.
Can play XBox all night.
Can paintball.
Etc
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FunBobby:
Also in Texarkana, also have action block, barrel wrench, etc for AR work; I've asssemblied several AR's from bottom up.

More details please...
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#8]
In College Station.

Always looking for a reason to go shooting.
Can help assemble uppers/lowers if you have the tools.

If you contact me, I can be in Longview area on the weekends,
-basic AR armorers toolkit
-know how to assemble lowers/uppers
-access to a vice, with action block, barrel blocks, yada yada yada
-old torque wrench but it gets the job done!
-my fathers company has a lot of metal working tools

IM me ya'll ever need something.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#9]
cypress area-
big truck, trailer.
i've assembled an ar lower, can strip a 1911 & glock.
lots of reloading time but still learning(like brass from a g21 MUST be FLR to go into a 1911!)
TGC member(200 yd range & no BS). i'll take you out there if you won't laugh at my skills, or lack of.
avid reader.
sorry but it's all i got.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#10]
North East Texas (Paris)

I have done home improvement, made knifes, rocketry, slot cars, assembled ARs, computer savvy, six sigma certified black belt, certified procedure writer, mechanic, and I can make duct tape roses..

My wife can cook and drink (a lot) but she is not available for solo gigs :)

Link Posted: 5/28/2011 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Drewcoolness:
Originally Posted By Andrewh:
Sure why not, could use a little good karma.
If you need some sort of vehicle maintenance or repair help, you can let me know. I am in Allen. I can walk you through some of it over the phone, or if you can drive it to me, I have all the tools to do most stuff in my drive way.
Won't do it necessarily, the whole teach a man to fish thing, but won't let you break anything either.

Don't have a lift or a cherry picker, but can help with brakes, oil and filter changes for engine and transmission, some timing belts and chains, water pumps, cv replacement, front suspension work, belts, hoses, etc..
If I don't know how, or can't find out, I will let you know upfront, but I have access to all data and a few other resources.

Forgot, I can also do computer work as well. Build a new one, install software, trouble shoot. That I prefer not to do over the phone. Just too many things to ask.

same here. I'm 20 minutes from Plano, 15 minutes from McKinney and 30 minutes form Wylie. I have the cherry picker. IF it's cars I can help and I know more about brakes than any man should know.

I may like to take up either/both of you on your offers soon...
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#12]
forgot about this thread.

but yep, offer is still open, feel free.

last guy I helped, had to hot wire his 4 wheeler thing cause he forgot the key. lol. had some pump issue. wonder what happened with that...
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Andrewh:
forgot about this thread.

but yep, offer is still open, feel free.

last guy I helped, had to hot wire his 4 wheeler thing cause he forgot the key. lol. had some pump issue. wonder what happened with that...

I'm in Lewisville; I'll figure out a time when it's convenient for me to come out to you in Allen sometime...
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 6:45:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxEnforcer] [#14]
Huntsville, Tx

Prior Marine.
Received expert pistol, expert rifle.
Extensive knowledge on anything m16/AR/Gear related. (parts, companies, ammo, body armor, gear)
Pretty stout individual - can lift heavy things.
Owns a real truck - Dodge
I sell a lot of AR stuff from my safe queens...let me know what you're looking for.
Know a thing or two about land, chickens and other ranch animals.
I own a few tools.
I'm a quick learner.
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#15]

North Dallas here

I don't have a lot to offer but I do have a pickup truck and can offer to tow or haul anything less than 12,000 lbs.
I'm a big guy, could help moving stuff or basic manual labor, if needed.

I like beer, so that's always a good offer to get me to help out.

I'll go shooting with you if you need a good spotter, or someone to shoot with.

I could potentially help you with flying somewhere inside the US if you need to.
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SouthEndXGF:
I could potentially help you with flying somewhere inside the US if you need to.

details?
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 1:20:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SO758] [#17]
Burnet / Llano / Marble Falls area:
Certified AR 15 & glock armorer....only thing i dont have is a Glock sight pusher.
Will put a Tx arfcomers parts together or repair your guns free.
Also a firearms instructor
Feel free to IM me if you guys need something worked on and we can make arrangements!

I own land in Terlingua Tx. This winter will take some Tx arfcomer (who otherwise would never or has never had an opportunity) out to blast javelina etc
There must be a few guidelines though and when the time draws a little closer will post dates and details.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 1:22:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SO758:
Certified AR 15 & glock armorer....only thing i dont have is a Glock sight pusher.

I own land in Terlingua Tx. This winter will take some Tx arfcomer (who otherwise would never or has never had an opportunity) out to blast javelina etc
There must be a few guidelines though and when the time draws a little closer will post dates and details.

You're close to me.
I'm in san saba co.
If I ever need work on my guns I may hit you up with an IM.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 1:46:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxEnforcer] [#19]

My g/fs dad is Eugine Bible..if you're well known with Marble Falls, you know him..period. I go up often. He's got his own range behind his house up to 225 yds. Let me know if you want to come shoot.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 1:52:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Is her brother Brett Bible?

Originally Posted By TxEnforcer:

My g/fs dad is Eugine Bible..if you're well known with Marble Falls, you know him..period. I go up often. He's got his own range behind his house up to 225 yds. Let me know if you want to come shoot.

Link Posted: 5/31/2011 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 1:56:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Know of the Bibles, went to school with Brett.

Link Posted: 5/31/2011 1:59:02 AM EDT
[#23]
90% likely then.
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 2:02:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Sure Txenforcer, sounds like a good time. You need something built,added or repaired bring it with you.

San Saba....IM me when you need something amigo

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#25]

This I can help with.  I have a Glock sight pusher in a box in the garage somewhere.  Installed three sets of night sights and then put it away.  IM me and we can arrange something if you'd like to have it.

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By hrt4me:
Originally Posted By FunBobby:

More details please...

Why ? You won't show up .
I've told clharr to bring you and you have not shown up yet .
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I need a running partner in the D/FW area. Someone willing to wake up for 6am runs (10+ miles)!
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 1:05:53 AM EDT
[#28]
located in irving/euless area

Small business owner in the printing industry....business cards/postcards/flyers/banners/posters/custom signs.ect
Notary public
I can drink your beer for you
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 11:56:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cougarman] [#29]
- OK carpenter (have remodeled a couple of bathrooms)
 - can help with basic electric work
 - OK shade tree mechanic (have tools)
 - can help with basic plumbing repairs (have tools)
 - have dillon, I can help you get started in reloading or if you just want to crank out a few rounds
 - basic AR repair, can put together lower, have armorers wrench
 - telephone, cable and network cabling (have tools)
 - have a couple of ford super duty diesel pickup trucks for moving something (sold my trailer)
 - can and do drink beer
 - like to shoot 3gun if someone needs a ride

I live in Wichita Falls

If anyone knows of a place to hunt pigs or anything else let me know my excursion can hold 7 people with gear, can travel almost anywere

Link Posted: 7/29/2011 12:04:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dttheliman] [#30]
Live in NW Houston , mostly in and around San Antonio during the week, but  

Any tooling to do with 1911's
Most AK47 tools
Most tools AR-15
Full size mill with DROs for precision
Drill press / grinders / sanders
20 ton press
Full size TIG (next to 0 amps through 250a)
Gas welder
Hand load 45 , 357 38 9 460 45lc 454  
etc etc

pm me if anybody has a specific need for help with anything - like sort a build problem, understanding reloading etc. All it costs is your gas and beer

eta: Now permanent in San Antonio
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#31]
anyone have access to an auto shop with a lift bay?
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey guys. Thought I would post this here. Starting today through Monday Levi's is doing their Friends and Family event.  30% off everything in the store including clearance and promo merchandise. It's getting cool, if you need jackets now is a good time to get it. It's good in any Levi's store, Conroe, Cypress, Katy, Sugarland, San Marcos, Round Rock, Grapevine, Allen, and Terrell. Just mention your a friend of Levi's and you'll get t. Also online, use code FF2011
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 9:43:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: boredelmo] [#33]
This might come across as spammy, but I am being sincere. I just started working at Central Texas Gunworks (FFL right next to GDS Ent. in Austin). We have CHL classes, a highly competent gunsmith, and a great sales guy (me!).

We are small, don't stock as much as others, but I have plenty of time during the day to help new shooters/first time gun buyers. I will answer any question to the best of my ability and try to find answers to the questions I dont know. We aren't very busy as of now, so I generally am able to spend 10-15 minutes on any customer explaining things. I do NOT work on commission!

If you have a loved one/friend and who wants to take a beginner pistol course, CHL class, needs a gunsmith, or wants free advice, send them my way (ask for Elmer)

Also, we do FFL transfers for $15 (CHL holders)!

PS, I am also a licensed real estate agent and I know a lot about apartment complexes. If you need any kind of advice on living in Austin, shoot me a message.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 10:14:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uao85] [#34]
Lets see here.

Im in College Station,

I have most basic hand tools and knowledge to work on cars for basic repairs.
Ak47 build tools to do most things.
Can build an ar lower, and do most of an upper sans checking the headspace...hopefully that will change soon.
Wifey is a public notary

hmmm...thats all I got for now.  Im sure I will be able to ad to the list later when I am more awake.
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Fort Worth
Excellent idea, but after reading four pages of what everyone has to offer IS depressing...  
I make a good shooting buddy, road trip buddy and can help you finish a 12 pack and a pizza...
I am good at cooking for single dudes, though. If you only have moldy cheese and half a tortilla in your fridge- I like to bring over meals!
Link Posted: 10/21/2011 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By hrt4me:
anyone have access to an auto shop with a lift bay?

where are you and what do you need done?

Link Posted: 10/21/2011 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm near College Station
I have a truck and a 13yo son that needs exercise.
I try to go mountain biking once a week, so if you need a riding partner or are just getting started, hit me up.
I try to take a 10-20mi canoe trip once a month or so and I'm always glad to bring new people.
I also work rotating shifts, so I'm a good person to call if you need help at 10:00am on a tues...
I don't have a huge collection, but I would be willing to take a responsible person to the range so they can get some trigger time.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By uao85:
Lets see here.

Im in College Station,

Can build an ar lower, and do most of an upper sans checking the headspace...hopefully that will change soon.
Wifey is a public notary

hmmm...thats all I got for now.  Im sure I will be able to ad to the list later when I am more awake.

You wouldn't happen to have a die that I can chase the muzzle threads on my Draco, would you? I would gladly pay rent in beer, lol.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BillythePoet:
Lets see here.

Im in College Station,

Wifey is a public notary

You wouldn't happen to have a die that I can chase the muzzle threads on my Draco, would you? I would gladly pay rent in beer, lol.

I don't at the moment, but let me ask a few friends in town tomorrow and see what I can come up with.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 11:42:58 PM EDT
[#40]
My expertise is in media streamers and media servers for homes, plus all of the peripheral equipment and network. If you ever want to get off cable/satellite, or add to it, let me know.
I'm also a trained milieuist, specialized in childrens mental health, especially in autistic children. I trained child and adolescent psychiatrists for a number of years, along with setting up treatment in the home. Hopefully, no one needs that expertise, but if you do, let me know.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BillythePoet:
Lets see here.

Im in College Station,

Wifey is a public notary

I don't at the moment, but let me ask a few friends in town tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 1:27:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LM151] [#42]
I am in the Seabrook/ Kemah area.

Im a pilot by trade and flight instructor so if you need help with BFR or such I may be able to help.
I dont own a plane though.

Im a former armorer 45B for the army and can fix most AR stuff .

Now the fun stuff Im a master class long range and across the course shooter so if you need
help there I can help out or with hand loading.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Also a firearms instructor
Feel free to IM me if you guys need something worked on and we can make arrangements!

Oh hell, don't let my brother (Balloo93 on Arfcom) see this! Haha
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By boredelmo:
This might come across as spammy, but I am being sincere. I just started working at Central Texas Gunworks (FFL right next to GDS Ent. in Austin). We have CHL classes, a highly competent gunsmith, and a great sales guy (me!).

We are small, don't stock as much as others, but I have plenty of time during the day to help new shooters/first time gun buyers. I will answer any question to the best of my ability and try to find answers to the questions I dont know. We aren't very busy as of now, so I generally am able to spend 10-15 minutes on any customer explaining things. I do NOT work on commission!

If you have a loved one/friend and who wants to take a beginner pistol course, CHL class, needs a gunsmith, or wants free advice, send them my way (ask for Elmer)

Also, we do FFL transfers for $15 (CHL holders)!

PS, I am also a licensed real estate agent and I know a lot about apartment complexes. If you need any kind of advice on living in Austin, shoot me a message.

Elmer is good people and I just took their CHL class yesterday (Red head that always fondles the guns) and I must say they are pretty good people.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I wish I could give every vet a hog hunt ...I think any interested could post ' I'm in for a thermal  hunt' then I'll put there names in a hat and let TheRedGoat or Fritzcat draw 2 names  and I'll  take them out.

Or the drawing can be done thru the forums or a vote  ??????????????

I have a two small places where they can  sleep after the hunt and the hunts are just south of van texas ...I-20 and FM 314. on 1,000 acers.

Link Posted: 12/10/2011 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#46]
bring it back up, cause I forgot about it, and realized I could have used a few of these things over the past few months.

And asking if someone in the dfw area can tap a pistol for a scope mount. old ruger 22/45 bull barrel, stainless gun, so won't need any refinish.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Free Martial Arts and PT for anyone in the DFW. Taught by my Marine buddies.

http://www.facebook.com/events/122959617831282/
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 2:40:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StZu] [#48]
Frisco/McKinney area
I am an Athletic Trainer and I can give advice on sports medicine injuries.
I can help you build a computer and install an OS
I can help you set up a home theater.
I know a little about the AK platform and can give minimal advice, I can google like a mother F'er.
I can help build an AR
I have alot of tools, mostly woodworking tools
I have a truck, however I hate moving stuff so please dont call me to come move stuff because if you do I will be busy at that time, no matter when you call.
My wife says I am pretty good at breaking shit around the house.
So if you need any of these services except probably the last 2, shoot me a PM
Rich
edit*
I can also drink beer
I am a good shooting buddy and I dont drink when I shoot, just after when I clean the guns
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#49]
South Austin here

Don't have much technical skills, I work in a library. (Need a book? I am you man )
Okay with computers, electronics
I just built an AR lower, have some tools
Have a pick up truck. I moved recently and I know a little help goes a long way.
Manual labor, I can help. You don't even have to buy beer, as I dont drink. Much
Have some Xbox 360 games like Skyrim you can borrow
Shooting is always awesome.

Anyways,
Have a week!
GR
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 11:42:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pondfly] [#50]
Cedar Park, Brushy Creek area-

Very technical person with construction and renovation experience (rebuilt my house), lots of tools
Good with electronics
Vehicle electronic wiring
Small engine repair
Have a truck
Couple chainsaws
XBox 360 when I have time
Only thing I can't do is really heavy lifting over my head due to a neck injury
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top