Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 3:19:54 PM EDT
I know Texas has a lemon law for new vehicles, but i am not sure how it works.

my roomate has a 2007 jeep liberty and the window mechanism keeps breaking in the doors. she will be driving along and the window will just fall down into her door. it's happened twice on her driver side door, once on her passenger front door, and once on her passenger rear door.

is this something that she would have a case for?

PM if you know anything or reply thanks for the help guys
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, went through a Jeep disaster a few years ago with Swampthings Jeep.

It has to be the same problem over and over and I think it has to be within a certain mileage and it's kind of low if you ask me. The key is repeating the same problem over and over in a 6 or 12 month period.

Google the lemon law and it will tell you if she has a case at all.

I'm not a bit surprised it's a jeep
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
This might be a little helpful.  Texas Lemon Law
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
ya i've been googling for the past hour, what i can surmise is, its a pain in the ass whatever she does.

looks like it has to be 2 twice in 12k miles, then twice more in another 12k miles,

dunno if the fact that it was 3 different windows and not the same window matters. twice on 1 window, once each on 2 other windows
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:37:21 AM EDT
[#4]
You may also want to determine if the part that is failing has special rules applied. For example, in California, if a safety item failed, the rules became tighter and favored the oner vs the manufacturer more. Headlights, brakes, hood latch, etc.. fail twice in a row, and the dealer cant fix it? Pfft... Pressure increased on the factory rep to fix it or take it back. The mother in laws Volvo would go through headlights every 6 months. She was too timid to fight the dealer and kept taking it in to replace them...

If the dealer wont help, get a hold of the regional factory rep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top