Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 1:46:02 PM EDT
Academy currently has CCI Blazer and Monarch (Prvi) 9mm on sale for $7.99 per box.  The one on the Tollway and Parker (dfw) had a couple cases of Monarch left this morning - they get the trucks in on Tuesday and put the ammo out Wednesday mornings.

Walmart has CCI Blazer Brass for $8.57 a box (75 and Parker has a ton - in the back - have to ask)

Always ask both places if they can please check stock in the back - both often have more than they have up front.

Dicks has UMC for $7.98 per box - but they have been limiting QTY to 3 boxes per person....   Dicks = Pricks.

These prices (with tax) are still better than any mail order gigs I could find (with shipping)
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Academy @ 75 and Spring Creek in Plano received one case of Blazer steel yesterday morning (tuesday), just as I walked up to the counter to ask what was left... I bought the case of 1000 since thats all he had left of what was on sale. I typically dont buy that much 9mm at a time, but my buddy and I are splitting it and need it for training.

5 minutes before I got there, somone had walked off with his only other case of what was on sale - 1000rds of Monarch brass.

Try to get there or call as early as tuesday when the shipment gets in and they'll sell it as long as its unloaded off the truck.

*edit* the blazer steel is also on sale for 7.99
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Academy @ 75 and Spring Creek in Plano received one case of Blazer steel yesterday morning (tuesday), just as I walked up to the counter to ask what was left... I bought the case of 1000 since thats all he had left of what was on sale. I typically dont buy that much 9mm at a time, but my buddy and I are splitting it and need it for training.

5 minutes before I got there, somone had walked off with his only other case of what was on sale - 1000rds of Monarch brass.

Try to get there or call as early as tuesday when the shipment gets in and they'll sell it as long as its unloaded off the truck.

CCI Blazer is aluminum cased - not steel.

I went to that one on Tuesday night - and they were clean out of all of it.  He said they get the truck in on Tuesdays, but they dont get the ammo inventoried and out front until first thing Wednesday morning (at least at the Tollway location)  
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
ah yes, that is correct - CCI Blazer is aluminum... When he handed it to me he said "steel" and that just stuck in my head
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CCI Blazer is aluminum cased - not steel.

I went to that one on Tuesday night - and they were clean out of all of it.  He said they get the truck in on Tuesdays, but they dont get the ammo inventoried and out front until first thing Wednesday morning (at least at the Tollway location)  

I work at Academy in S.A.  We're getting trucks Mon,Wed,Thurs, and Friday's. In my store, trucks arrive at 5am, and someone from each dept is there to hussle freight. Ammo doesn't get "inventoried", it just goes to the floor like any other merchandise.
Most of the freight is done by opening at 0830.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Academy currently has CCI Blazer and Monarch (Prvi) 9mm on sale for $7.99 per box.  The one on the Tollway and Parker (dfw) had a couple cases of Monarch left this morning - they get the trucks in on Tuesday and put the ammo out Wednesday mornings.

Walmart has CCI Blazer Brass for $8.57 a box (75 and Parker has a ton - in the back - have to ask)

Always ask both places if they can please check stock in the back - both often have more than they have up front.

Dicks has UMC for $7.98 per box - but they have been limiting QTY to 3 boxes per person....   Dicks = Pricks.

These prices (with tax) are still better than any mail order gigs I could find (with shipping)

You might want to check Natchez (www.natchezss.com). They have 9mm Blazer Aluminum for $7.49 per box of 50 and 9mm Blazer Brass for $8.99 per box of 50.

The Blazer Aluminum is cheaper for me to buy from Natchez and have it shipped than to buy the same thing at Academy and pay Texas sales tax (about $6 per thousand rounds).
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might want to check Natchez (www.natchezss.com). They have 9mm Blazer Aluminum for $7.49 per box of 50 and 9mm Blazer Brass for $8.99 per box of 50.

The Blazer Aluminum is cheaper for me to buy from Natchez and have it shipped than to buy the same thing at Academy and pay Texas sales tax (about $6 per thousand rounds).

That is a better deal for sure.... and in stock.  Saves about $10 per case from my calculation.... and less hassle.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#7]
how does the Monarch ammo in 357 preform. I ask because I've never used Monarch ammo before.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:50:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
how does the Monarch ammo in 357 preform. I ask because I've never used Monarch ammo before.

I've never seen Monarch in .357
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have shot tens of thousands of rounds Monarch in 223, 308, 9mm, 40, and 45 and never have a problem or a single round not go bang.  I would have no problem shooting 357 Monarch.  The stuff I have shoot groups decent for cheap ammo.  Good range stuff.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Gander Mountain in Sherman had Federal XM193 onsale for $8.99 for twenty, marked down from 11.99. Academy had Monarch for about the same price.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Look up CDNN.

They have some deals
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top